Job Title: Sales Manager, E-Com
Reports to: SVP of Retail Sales
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is one of the most popular natural health websites in the world with over 2.5 million unique visitors per month.
This role is responsible for balancing the “needs” of the E-Com customers in conjunction with setting the strategic direction for each account in order to meet the long term brand vision for Ancient Nutrition. This role encompasses planning and execution of annual business plans to meet the desired results for both volume and profit. This person will work very closely with many cross functional teams such as finance, operations and marketing on an everyday basis.
This position plays a critical role in the long term success of Ancient Nutrition. This position will be responsible for building and strengthening Ancient Nutrition’s relationships (from the buyer and higher) with existing e-tail partners, developing digital strategies to increase consumer engagement, brand awareness and conversion to optimize e-commerce sales growth as well as looking for new customers.
This person should have a strong grasp of current e-commerce tools and strategies and be able to understand and lead digital marketing campaigns while working alongside the VP of Retail Marketing.
This position will be accountable for existing customers but not limited to Thrive Market, Lucky Vitamin, I-Herb, VitaCost and others. This position will also be working in conjunction with the VP of Sales to drive awareness and sales on Walmart.com and Target.com. This position is NOT accountable for Amazon or our DTC business via AncientNutrition.com.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!) Specifically for this role, we’d love for your cover letter to include a brief sales history.
- Lead and execute growth strategies, own the eTail budget and forecast
- Expand portfolio through partnerships that favor mutual growth to new heights
- Manage catalog assortment and associated launch activities
- Effectively sell all new items in the timelines required.
- Design a marketing strategy with each account and own the scheduling and implementation of the strategy
- Manage trade promotions and trade spend, monitor budget and forecast for sales and spend
- Collaborate with internal teams to drive successful execution of partner commitments
- Ensure brand representation standards across the portfolio by working with accounts to update labels and PDP’s
- Drive cross-functional projects to support new strategic initiatives and opportunities
- Provide weekly reporting on key account metrics and assigned KPI’s
- Study market trends and competitor methods. Identify opportunity through brainstorming, research, reverse engineering and improve upon current and successful model
- This person will need to be comfortable reinforcing our MAP policy and setting customer strategy to ensure compliance.
- You are enthusiastic about implementing process to support a system
- You are detail-oriented and operationally focused
- You demonstrate an ability to lead multiple activities and assignments simultaneously
- You have a can-do attitude and are an avid team player
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are a proactive self-starter who is eager to play a key role in growing channel
- You value budgeting, cost estimating, and management principles
- You prioritize tasks and maintain focus of the overall desired goal
- You take initiative and bring impeccable follow-up skills
- You possess an ability to learn, understand and converse around key business issues
- You are intellectually curious and are constantly challenging our own best practices
- You are collaborative and value feedback from both peers and leadership
- You have the ability to motivate teams to produce desired tangible outcomes within tight timeframes
- You take on responsibilities above and beyond explicit direction
- You are comfortable presenting information and sales reports/trends
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 4+ years in the e-com space (CPG Experience is required).
- Efficiency in Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables), Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive, G Suite, PowerPoint, and managing face-to-face meetings
- Clear understanding around trade optimization and is very familiar with P&L’s.
- Understands how forecasting works and is comfortable using customer data/pos to draw out insights and conclusions.
- Has a clear understanding and knows how to leverage sales data information such as SPINS.
From a work from home culture equipped with a centralized, optional co-working space, Ancient Nutrition is a laid-back yet fast-paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of virtual team-wide fun including virtual scavenger hunts, happy hours and more!
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is available for salary employees, a generous amount of paid time off amount for hourly employees, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are also passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.