Job Title: Brand Manager
Reports to: VP Brand Management and Marketing
This highly motivated individual will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing strategies across a wide variety of areas including positioning, product, packaging, promotion, placement and pricing for Ancient Nutrition’s core product categories.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Define and drive category-levels sales goals across channels in partnership with sales channels and BI team, with accountability for performance against plan
- Define ideal set within each category and partner with channel leads to support sell-in
- Lead strategy and cross-functional planning for launch marketing and execution, including consumer and cross-channel advertising and promotion plans
- Drive and support all channels in hitting their targets, including retail, direct-to-consumer and marketplace teams through ongoing trade, digital and experiential marketing tactics.
- Lead customer insights work in category and provide thought leadership for creative and campaign development on how to win with consumer targets
- Lead category product innovation, including near in variations and longer term production development, in partnership with commercialization, product development and operations teams.
- You are enthusiastic about implementing process to support a system
- You are detail-oriented and operationally focused
- You demonstrate an ability to lead multiple activities and assignments simultaneously
- You have a can-do attitude and are an avid team player
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are a proactive self-starter who is eager to play a key role in growing channel
- You value budgeting, cost estimating, and management principles
- You prioritize tasks and maintain focus of the overall desired goal
- You are structured, yet flexible
- You take initiative and bring impeccable follow-up skills
- You possess an ability to learn, understand and converse around key business issues
- You are intellectually curious and are constantly challenging our own best practices
- You are collaborative and value feedback from both peers and leadership
- You have the ability to motivate teams to produce desired tangible outcomes within tight timeframes
- You take on responsibilities above and beyond explicit direction
- You are comfortable presenting information and sales reports/trends
- 5+ years' experience in brand or product management
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and report presentation abilities
- Exceptional ability to collaborate and lead cross-functional team members
- A clear understanding of general marketing principals
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated ability to use consumer research to build plans and sell ideas
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, fast paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random piñata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is a given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)