Job Title: VP, Research and Development
Location: Franklin, TN
Reports to: COO
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is the fastest-growing natural health website in the world with over 7 million unique visitors per month, and the fastest growing company in Tennessee!
We’re looking for a natural product loving, process-driven VP of Research and Development to manage the cross-functional processes of new and existing product commercialization to join our R&D team. You will partner with our team to create memorable, incredible experiences for our customers, and encounter first-hand how our work helps millions of people live healthier, richer lives.
The right candidate is hands-on and eager to join a fast-paced team and is hungry to make an impact early in their career.
What you’ll be doing:
Product Pipeline Development
- Technical lead for all innovation and new products. Apply your expertise and experience to manage the technical leadership and development of new products and processes from concept to commercialization.
- Partner closely with the Marketing team in the competition research and new trends in the industry to identify opportunities for new products and new applications for current products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leadership (CEO, sales, marketing) to develop new business opportunities and make recommendations to achieve strategies that drive revenue.
- Own multiple supplement development projects, both new products and improvements of current products, simultaneously. Drive new projects forward to meet timelines while juggling multiple priorities. Partner with Operations management team to coordinate new project work.
- Deliver project success with the agreed upon metrics including cost, aesthetics, technical feasibility, commercial feasibility and consumer acceptance.
- Manage and identify external suppliers and co-manufacturers who can provide added value and resources to new products.
- Deliver consistent communication to diverse sets of internal and external stakeholders on progress, challenges, and critical path changes in new product development.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and resolve various project challenges with the support of cross-functional team members.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in new supplement product/process development and successful commercialization of new supplement products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Process Engineering, or equivalent with hands-on relevant CPG industry experience.
- Passion for creating and executing new and exciting natural food products.
- Strong track record of owning projects from conception to completion with the ability to clearly articulate status and challenges.
- A leader, game changer with a track record of delivering meaningful results.
- Functional expertise in nutrition and health and wellness is preferred.
- You are intellectually curious and are constantly challenging our own best practices (“There’s always a better way” mentality).
- You demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You work well in a team environment.
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in.
- You are flexible. You understand that in a fast-growing company, things can change last minute. You are a proactive self-starter who is eager to play a key role in growing a brand.
- You are organized and detailed.
- You have a can-do attitude and are an avid team player
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, fast paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random piñata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is a given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)