Job Title: Category Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Status: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Category Management, Director
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is the fastest-growing natural health website in the world with over 7 million unique visitors per month, and the fastest growing company in Tennessee!
The Category Manager will work on the Strategy Team. The perfect candidate for this role will be someone who enjoys working in an agile and fast paced environment and doesn’t hesitate to jump into a new challenge! The role will work primarily with the sales and marketing team but also cross-functionally with all businesses to improve business performance. This role will support the company to drive growth and revenue, help build a data-driven culture by mentoring business users, and work with stakeholders to discover and set requirements to selectively leverage data or organizational objectives. The role will be responsible for supporting the sales team on telling the Ancient Nutrition and Category story. The position will be responsible for developing database selling templates, price & promo guidelines, channel assortment, planograms, shopper and consumer insights and trends. The role will also be responsible for supporting on trade activity analysis and ROI measurement. The role will work closely with IT to develop and launch a self-service reporting tool for the organization (Tableau). This role requires an individual with strong business acumen, strategic thinking skills and the ability to work in an agile, ever-changing environment.
- Storytelling, base and innovation
- Database selling that reduces complexity of the category
- Pitch decks support
- Channel assortment and distribution goals
- Omni channel price planning
- Promotional planning
- Planograms by retailer
- Basket analysis
- Compile insights: customer, shopper, consumer
- Mine trade activity analysis: promos, demos and events
- Partner with FP&A on customer forecast support, providing consumption-based forecasting
- Facilitate sales & retail analytics training
- Develop reports/dashboards for the most relevant and important key performance indicators (KPIs) and deliver to key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree, higher degree preferred.
- Ability to travel for customer meetings
- 5+ years working in category management or sales leadership
- 3+years of management experience
- Experience working in an omni channel environment
- Data-aficionado with proven experience crafting insights via data and real-time reporting.
- Knowledge of Tableau to present analysis results preferred.
- Dot-connector with the ability to synthesize and integrate large amounts of information sourced across syndicated, primary and secondary sources.
- Expert communicator particularly at the leadership level to passionately persuade, influence, and drive change.
- Team builder exceptional in leading and motivating teams with a proven history mentoring teams through organization and process change initiatives.
- You are intellectually curious and are constantly challenging our own best practices (“There’s always a better way” mentality).
- You work well in a team environment.
- You roll up your sleeves and dig in.
- You are flexible. You understand that in a fast growing company things can change last minute.
- You are a proactive self-starter who is eager to play a key role in growing a brand.
- You are organized and detailed.
- You have a can-do attitude and are an avid team player
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, fast paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random piñata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is a given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)