Job Title: Inventory Control Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: VP of Operations
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Bone Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is the fastest-growing natural health website in the world with over 7 million unique visitors per month, and the fastest growing company in Tennessee!
Ancient Nutrition is seeking a motivated, experienced, and knowledgeable Inventory Control Manager to drive inventory accuracy in support of lean manufacturing principles and uninterrupted production. The Inventory Control Manager must be a respected leader, fostering strong relationships with production teams, Global Supply Management, Logistics, Material Planning, Finance, Quality and Facilities to achieve goals. Inventory Control operations are a critical function in support of Ancient Nutrition’s manufacturing growth, and a strong candidate is desired to drive inventory accuracy whereby the records can be counted on to run the business.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Inspect the levels of raw material, components, and labels to identify shortages
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover demand for retail, direct, Amazon,
- and health care practitioner lines
- Create and manage a formal cycle count program for all internal and contract manufacturers and implement
- corrective action plans
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Use software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory
- Drive continuous and simplistic process and system improvements for robust material flow, minimal shortages
- and accuracy in Ancient Nutrition’s inventory management system
- Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met
- Set safety stock levels for key raw materials and finished goods
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
- Create and maintain KPIs for all manufacturing locations
- Proven experience as inventory manager or similar position
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP)
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- BS/BA in business administration, logistics or relevant field
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. CPIM) (APICS Inventory Management Certifications) is a plus
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, fast paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random piñata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is a given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)