Job Title: Quality Manager
Location: Franklin, TN
Reports to: VP of Quality & Regulatory Affairs
Ancient Nutrition together with DrAxe.com is a growing wellness brand focused on providing history’s healthiest, real food nutrients to today’s modern world. With a strong brand and passionate team, we are on a mission to provide best in class products with wholesome, clean ingredients that fuel the body and mind, restoring health, strength, and vitality. Ancient Nutrition has quickly become the #2 protein supplement and meal replacement brand in the natural health channel through its pioneering line of Both Broth Protein, Multi Collagen Protein, Essential Oils, and Keto products. DrAxe.com is the fastest-growing natural health website in the world with over 17 million unique visitors per month, and the fastest growing company in Tennessee!
We are looking for a Quality Manager to oversee the quality control/assurance aspects for conventional foods, dietary supplements, and dietary ingredients. This position requires a self-motivated and extremely organized individual who is capable of multi-tasking and working cross-departmentally.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Establishing raw material and finished product specifications.
- Handling product complaints and adverse events.
- Auditing and qualifying contract manufacturers and laboratories.
- Obtaining third party certifications.
- Conducting product related investigations.
- Reviewing and creating SOPs, Logs, and Forms.
- Interact with external parties such as suppliers, laboratories, retailers, etc.
- Conduct cGMP training.
- Conduct internal cGMP and SOP audits.
- Interface with internal departments such as product development, regulatory compliance, supply chain, and marketing.
- At least 3-5 years in the dietary supplement industry, in a quality role.
- Product development experience preferred.
- Strong FDA regulation knowledge required; FTC knowledge a bonus.
- Creating and maintaining cGMP documents such as specifications and SOPs.
- Conducting internal and external cGMP and SOP audits.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in a scientific field of study.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage tasks proactively.
From a modern open concept office to healthy kale snacks in the kitchen, Ancient Nutrition is a laid back, fast paced place to be. We work hard because we love what we’re building. No one breathes down your neck. We hire great people who don't need to be micromanaged. We are a collaborative and close-knit team and have random acts of team-wide fun including The Escape Game, Top Golf, and the random piñata at the summer cookout.
We offer standard health insurance benefits, basic life insurance and access to affordable vision, dental and disability insurance. Unlimited paid time off is a given, and after a year of being on the team, both paid maternity and paternity leave are offered.
We are passionate about living healthy lives and offer free Ancient Nutrition products and affinity programs with local, holistic providers.
If you think this is ‘you’, we'd love to hear about it! Write us a killer cover letter telling us why you are the best fit, and why you want to work with us! (We really do read them!)