Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage Digital began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible though Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage Digital brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted prior to converting from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021 and has raised more than $137 million since its January 2021 Series C from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Blockchain Capital, Lux, and Indico. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
The Compliance Associate for Financial Investigations and Sanctions will be a part of a team building a program from the ground up. This role is crucial in ensuring the quality of execution in the transaction monitoring and sanctions alert dispositioning activities, which is key in the Anchorage Digital’s BSA/AML Compliance Framework.
As a Compliance Associate you will:
- Drive the execution of transaction and sanctions alert dispositioning
- Assist the Financial Investigations and Sanctions leads on building out the FIU and Sanctions programs
- Drive internal discussions with stakeholders to facilitate the relevant FIU/Sanctions projects
- Manage the alert dispositioning flows
We look for teammates who have:
- Experience in BSA/AML transactional review and/or sanctions alert dispositioning
- Knowledge is BSA/AML and Sanctions regulations
- Expertise in using blockchain analytics tools to disposition transaction monitoring alerts, preferably at a Bank
- A passion for building out programs in its early stages, including creation and maintenance of policies, procedures, and new tools
- A proven track of being able to work independently
- A strong attention to detail
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)