Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage Digital began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible though Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage Digital brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted prior to converting from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021 and has raised more than $137 million since its January 2021 Series C from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Blockchain Capital, Lux, and Indico. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
Are you interested in joining a high-growth start up that is changing the financial services industry? At Anchorage Digital, we are creating a new digital infrastructure for institutions to participate in the digital assets space safely. We have a very special culture here, in that everyone wakes up each day loving what they do while solving the most challenging problems our clients are encountering in the financial industry. This role is critical in enabling Anchorage Digital to serve our most strategic and largest partners to succeed and launch their products/services to the public. Are you ready to come change the world of finance with us?
As a Business Development Associate you will:
- Drive highly strategic deals from inception to finish internally and externally with the different workstreams required to complete large-complex deals.
- Build strategies for the Fintech line of business - i.e. Positioning, Pricing, Value Propositions, et al...
- Create internal and external presentation decks for processes, pitch decks, and processes for new work streams that involve cross-functional collaboration.
- Lead internal and external communications and manage expectations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage workstream deadlines, client expectations, and internal cross-functional relationships needed to complete partnership deals.
- Deliver high quality customer service (this is most important) and results to help our broader team close more strategic partnerships.
We look for teammates who have:
- At least 3 years of experience working in management consulting, investment banking, or a high-growth start up in a client facing role.
- Strong understanding of financial services from a bank and fintech’s perspective.
- General knowledge of blockchain and crypto-economics. Expertise in google sheets and google slides. \
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Establish and maintain trust with internal and external stakeholders throughout the deal lifecycle.
- A proven track record of managing multiple large and complex enterprise projects successfully.
- A passion for succeeding and desire to win the largest clients in the industry.
- The ability to collaborate in a highly cross-functional role.
- Willingness to travel 25%-50% of the time for business.
- A self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
- You worked on large enterprise-scale deals with banks and tech companies.
- You believe our client’s interests supersedes our own interests.
- You like to geek out on technology and have your own opinions on why certain blockchain projects are legitimate.
- You like food and enjoy trying new restaurants!
- You see the glass as always half full.