Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage Digital began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible though Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage Digital brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted prior to converting from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021 and has raised more than $137 million since its January 2021 Series C from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Blockchain Capital, Lux, and Indico. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
This role is responsible for processing all accounts payable and accounts receivable and will play a critical role in month-end close including general ledger entries and account reconciliations.
As a General Ledger Accountant you will:
- Drive a high level of accuracy in our transactional processes
- Create process and documentation for transactional processes
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Collaborate across all teams at Anchorage Digital to ensure vendors are paid on time and client funds are received
- Deliver accurate and on time month end close tasks
- Record all cash activity and reconcile all bank accounts at month end
- Prepare investor reporting package monthly, including month over month cash burn file
- Support implementation and design of new financial and accounting software and integration tools
We look for teammates who have:
- At least 2 years of related accounting experience at a high-growth pre-IPO startup
- Working knowledge of accounting processes and controls
- A track record of driving strong financial performance and accountability
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Some combination of the following: creative, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high volume workloads in a fast-paced environment
- You have a BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting, Business, Economics and/or Finance
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations
- You have experience implementing an ERP system such as Netsuite, SAP or Oracle
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system :)