Anchorage Digital was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage Digital began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible though Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage Digital brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted prior to converting from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021 and has raised more than $137 million since its January 2021 Series C from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Blockchain Capital, Lux, and Indico. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
This role will play a critical role in month end close activities, including preparation and documentation of monthly calendars and checklists. Additionally, this person will help us build for scale and assist in the design, documentation and implementation of policies, processes and controls.
As an Accountant you will:
- Drive a high level of accuracy in our financial statement preparation and flux analysis
- Create and implement policies and procedures
- Collaborate with Engineering for capitalized software and R&D tax credits
- Deliver accurate and on time month end close tasks
- Assist in accounting for Internal Capitalized Software
- Maintain documentation for accounting team including but not limited to close checklists, tax compliance calendar, quarterly reporting deliverables
- Support implementation and design of new financial and accounting software and integration tools
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
We look for teammates who have:
- At least 5+ years of related accounting experience at a high-growth pre-IPO startup
- Experience with audits at a Big 4 accounting firm
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance
- A track record of driving strong financial performance and accountability.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to drive cross functional projects
- A combination of the following: creative, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, action-oriented, and tenacious
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high volume workloads in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in broker-dealer or lending
- Familiarity with regulatory finance and operations and have interfaced directly with FINRA in the past
- CPA License
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations
- Experience implementing an ERP system such as Netsuite, SAP or Oracle
- Experience with institutional investment funds
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system :)