Anchorage was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible though Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted prior to converting from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021 and has raised more than $137 million since its January 2021 Series C from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Blockchain Capital, Lux, and Indico. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
In the fast paced world of crypto we must memorialize our relationships in ways that stand the test of time. We need a legal maverick to assist in all manner of commercial contracts and relationships. We need someone to assist with general corporate as well as privacy and IP matters - all mission critical to our operations. In addition, we need someone with the intellect and curiosity to help us take our business to new jurisdictions.
As a Senior Counsel you will:
- Advise company leadership on existing and emerging legal issues, with particular focus on commercial, privacy and IP issues.
- Serve as primary legal contact for the sales and business development teams and oversee commercial counsel support.
- Build and maintain the company’s library of forms and support materials.
- Manage inter-company agreements and all corporate maintenance.
- Partner with outside counsel to provide support on IP portfolio.
- Work closely with the compliance team to lead policy updates/management on privacy matters
We look for teammates who have:
- A J.D. degree with firm AND in-house experience
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in writing and structuring complex commercial transactions.
- An extensive background in drafting and negotiating SaaS or similar agreements.
- A close attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage large, complicated projects.
- Enthusiasm for crypto and an understanding of the space.
- Some combination of the following: conscientious, adaptable, collaborative, creative, curious, and humble.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)