Anchorage was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible though Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted prior to converting from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021 and has raised more than $137 million since its January 2021 Series C from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Blockchain Capital, Lux, and Indico. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
The Head of Internal Audits is a new role for the Anchorage Digital Bank and is an integrally important part of ensuring the robustness and effectiveness of Anchorage’s internal control processes.This person will build out the Internal Audit framework for Anchorage Digital Bank, including the audit plans and procedures to assess the adequacy and robustness of the company’s internal control framework. This person will also be responsible for the reporting and updates to the Anchorage Digital Bank Board of Directors, and the Audit Committee for the Internal Audit function, including the key risks and control issues identified.
As the Head of Internal Audits you will:
- Drive the implementation of creating a third line of defense at Anchorage
- Build on the regulatory expectations to create a comprehensive and thorough risk review of Anchorage’s control framework
- Create meaningful metrics and reports to the Board and its Audit Committee
- Lead discussions with internal stakeholders on the observations/findings identified through internal audit reviews
- Manage relationship with external internal auditor in first year, as well as any required interactions with regulators
- Collaborate internally with stakeholders to ensure proper understanding of internal controls
- Deliver accurate results and thoughtful remediation steps for internal stakeholders resulting from internal audit reviews.
We look for teammates who have:
- Experience in internal auditing at a bank
- Expertise in properly identifying risk areas for internal stakeholders to remediate
- A passion for collaborating and building
- Knowledge of banking regulations
- A proven track record of being a thought leader in the internal audit space
- The ability to influence
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)