Anchorage was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible though Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted prior to converting from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021 and has raised more than $137 million since its January 2021 Series C from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Blockchain Capital, Lux, and Indico. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
As a newly approved nationally chartered digital bank, we are looking for an Sanctions Lead (OFAC Officer) who loves to build control frameworks within the Compliance team while having the attention to detail to ensure that the framework continues to be executed and remains effective.
As the Sanction Lead / OFAC Officer / Deputy BSA Officer you will:
- Drive discussions around how to build better tools for the Sanctions Program
- Build trust with your internal counterparts with your strong experience in OFAC Sanctions Compliance
- Create new tools and controls to ensure full compliance with the Sanctions Program
- Lead the responsibilities in the Sanctions Program
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Operations, Finance, Legal, etc
We look for teammates who have:
- Enthusiasm for joining the first nationally chartered digital bank which means you are ready to apply your banking experience and help to grow Anchorage Digital Bank
- ACAMS certification (required)
- Strong banking experience, specifically in OFAC Sanctions and BSA/AML Compliance
- Hands-on experience in reviewing and assessing OFAC sanctions-related cases
- Experience in building out sanction-program controls
- A deep understanding in current sanctions-related requirements
- A great attention to detail and ability to effective communicate across teams
- Experience in other areas of the BSA/AML program (strongly preferred)
- Experience in crypto (preferred)
- Experience in managing a team (preferred)
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)