Anchorage was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible though Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted prior to converting from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021 and has raised more than $137 million since its January 2021 Series C from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Blockchain Capital, Lux, and Indico. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
As a member of the people operations team, you will design, build, and iterate on people programs, policies, and strategies that will support our team to do their best work. You are curious, collaborative, responsive, and willing to pitch in where needed to best serve the business and team.
As a People Operations Manager you will:
- Enhance our onboarding and offboarding programs (a.k.a. Anchorage Academy) so that they are scalable, educational, inclusive, remote friendly, and SOC compliant
- Lead global benefits and payroll strategies, policies, and execution across the United States and Portugal
- Scale and enhance BambooHR capabilities including reporting and analytics
- Implement and design an informative and seamless immigration policies and processes
- Own all of our employee compliance training and development initiatives, including (but not limited to): anti-discrimination and harassment training, AML compliance, FCPA training, and so on.
- Monitor, benchmark, analyze, and improve employee engagement and retention through CultureAmp
- Enhance and scale our #activism (community involvement) and #appreciation (employee recognition) initiatives.
- Foster team spirit and “togetherness” across, what we affectionately call, “Anchorage Village” :).
- Help spearhead community events, including: all-hands (a.k.a Anchorage Assembly), company off-sites, team bonding activities, holiday parties, happy hours, etc.
We look for teammates who have:
- Experience leading and scaling benefits at a high-growth company
- Experience navigating the immigration process with employees and legal counsel
- Designed, built, shipped, and maintained people operations program from scratch
- Enhanced the overall employee experience across time zones
- Proficiency with at least one modern HRIS (such as Bamboo, Namely. Workday, etc.) and also one payroll provider (PrismHR, Gusto, ADP, Papaya, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Admirable organization and planning skills
- High emotional intelligence and empathetic nature
- You’ve implemented a Global Payroll Solution and HRIS from scratch
- You’ve experienced startup growth through multiple funding rounds (ideally in the Series B-D range)
- You’re a power user of Notion, Slack, gSuite, and JIRA
- You have a high level understanding of “blockchain” as a concept, and you’ve developed a deep conviction for the crypto industry
- You've seen and were emotionally moved by the musical Hamilton (the founder of our nation's financial system :)