- Build, mentor, and manage a high performant and diverse team of varying engineering skill sets, backgrounds, and levels of experience.
- Prioritize the health, happiness, and personal/professional progression of every team member.
- Work with product management, human resources, our executive team, and the rest of engineering to create and own a strategic plan for team growth and retention moving forward.
- Actively participate in both technical and behavioral interviews, while helping others improve their confidence and abilities to do the same.
- Navigate cross-functional relationships and competing priorities in the pursuit of improving: product, resource allocation, process, culture, and our global community (a.k.a. Anchorage Village).
- Be a technical leader at Anchorage, architect novel technical solutions, and influence architecture & product road-map.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Work on the front lines of the Security, blockchain, and crypto industries.
- Backend Tech: Go, C, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, GCP, AWS, and GraphQL.
- Mobile Tech: Swift, RxSwift, CocoaPods, and Secure Enclave.
- Engineering methodologies: Reverse uptime, cryptographically linked data models, tamper resistant ledgers, air gapped infrastructure, secure execution environments, repeatable builds, and infra-as-code.
- 4+ years of technical experience as a full-time software engineer.
- 2+ years of leadership experience as a formal people manager.
- You have meaningful experience leading distributed teams, working cross functionally across varying time zones.
- You’ve maintained a “player-coach” skill set and feel comfortable conducting live technical programming interviews.
- You genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- You genuinely enjoy learning new things and have a proven track record of diving below the surface when faced with uncertainty, understanding the “why” and the “how,” not just the “what.”
- You have developed and maintained “computer science fundamentals” throughout your career, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hard working, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action oriented, and tenacious.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Company Benefits (Mid-Pandemic):
- 100% coverage of health, dental, & vision for you and your dependents.
- One Medical Membership.
- Pre-tax commuter/parking benefits.
- 401(k) plan & FSA.
- Flexible, guilt-free, vacation policy.
- Monthly mental health day.
- Home workstation budget.
- Employee training & development.
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing company.
Anchorage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. Anchorage refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, or Anchorage Trust Company, a South Dakota-chartered trust company. Anchorage Hold LLC and Anchorage Trust Company are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs Inc., a Delaware corporation.