- Manage a growing legal department and oversee all legal matters at the company.
- Participate as a key member of the company’s executive team.
- Advise company leadership on existing and emerging legal issues.
- Direct the company’s regular engagement and collaboration with regulators, and set strategy for all federal and state regulatory matters.
- Closely collaborate with the product team and influence the product roadmap.
- Serve as polished representative to clients, media, investors, partners and more.
- Oversee the company’s advocacy efforts on behalf of the digital asset industry.
- Grow the company’s presence and reputation with policymakers.
- Manage the company’s outside counsel and legal service providers.
- You have 15+ years of firm, government, and/or in-house experience, including 5+ years experience in financial services.
- You have a J.D. degree and are in good standing of the California Bar (or have the ability to immediately qualify for RIHC status).
- You possess sound and practical business judgment.
- You’ve kept up to date with proliferation of crypto innovations, and you have deep conviction that this industry will continue to change the world for the better.
- You have significant management experience and ability, with demonstrated experience aligning cross-functional groups to accomplish organizational objectives.
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: adaptable, collaborative, creative, curious, and humble.
- You have experience with and have contributed to significant growth and scaling.
- You have managed managers frequently in your career.
- You have global financial services experience.
- You've seen and were emotionally moved by the musical Hamilton (the founder of our nation's financial system. :)
- 100% coverage of health, dental, & vision for you and dependents.
- One Medical Membership.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- 401(k) plan & FSA.
- Flexible, guilt-free, vacation policy.
- Catered lunch and dinner.
- Bottomless cups of coffee.
- Ergonomic workstation (including a standing desk).
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing company.
Anchorage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. Anchorage refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, or Anchorage Trust Company, a South Dakota-chartered trust company. Anchorage Hold LLC and Anchorage Trust Company are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs Inc., a Delaware corporation headquartered in San Francisco, California.