- Lead accounting and reporting, cash management, and tax functions.
- Develop, manage and evolve all financial processes, controls, and systems to support a growth stage company.
- Establish, implement, and monitor appropriate internal financial controls, policies, and tools and ensure compliance with established accounting policies and industry best practices.
- Serve as the primary point of contact on commercial banking relationships, including managing payables and inter-company transactions and monitoring bank funds.
- Manage relationships with outside auditors; ensure accuracy and timeliness of provided-by-client (PBC) schedules and explanations.
- Responsible for the timely preparation and review of financial statements, including forward looking projections for management and investor reporting.
- Manage the timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings with external tax advisor, including implementing and driving process to determine R&D tax credits
- Work with our engineering team to implement an ongoing process for Internal Capitalized Software.
- Own all stock administration and cap table management, including employee stock compensation and private capital raises
- You have +12 years of related accounting experience with 5+ years experience at a high-growth pre-IPO startup (Broker-dealer and/or lending experience is a strong plus).
- You have 2+ years of experience doing audits at a Big 4 accounting firm
- You have strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance
- You have experience managing accounting and reporting processes for employee and non employee stock options and have familiarity with Carta or a similar tool
- You have experience with consolidations in a multiple legal entity environment, including international entities and foreign currency translation.
- You have a track record of driving strong financial performance and accountability.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to drive cross functional projects
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- You’re familiar with regulatory finance and operations and have interfaced directly with FINRA in the past.
- You have a BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting, Business, Economics and/or Finance, CPA strongly preferred.
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You have experience implementing an ERP system such as Netsuite, SAP or Oracle
- You have worked at or with institutional investment funds.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
- 100% coverage of health, dental, & vision for you and your dependents.
- One Medical Membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan & FSA
- Flexible, guilt-free, vacation policy
- Catered lunch and dinner
- Bottomless cups of coffee
- Ergonomic workstation (including a standing desk).
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
Anchorage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. Anchorage refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, or Anchorage Trust Company, a South Dakota-chartered trust company. Anchorage Hold LLC and Anchorage Trust Company are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs Inc., a Delaware corporation headquartered in San Francisco, California.