- Draft and implement compliance policies and procedures and execute Anchorage’s Anti-Money Laundering Program
- Provide guidance to cross functional business partners to manage compliance risk and assist in regulatory examination and audits
- Assist with BSA/AML risk assessments to identify areas of high risk and develop internal controls and processes to mitigate associated risks.
- Develop, enhance, and deliver compliance-related onboarding and ongoing training to all Anchorage employees
- Help with regular annual and ad-hoc testing and monitoring of policies and procedures to manage and mitigate risk
- Identify and evaluate compliance requirements for new products, features and initiatives and oversee implementation of necessary controls
- Enhance third party vendor due diligence process, manage relationships with third party compliance vendors and conduct due diligence risk reviews
- Stay abreast of regulatory developments and scope impact of regulatory change to Anchorage’s business
- You have 5+ years of experience working in a compliance, operations, or supervision role in a financial services organization
- You've kept up to date with anti-money laundering related requirements including BSA, USA Patriot Act, FInCEN, OFAC, SEC, FINRA, and other applicable U.S. and International regulations
- You have previously worked to create, enhance, or execute on innovative compliance initiatives and programs such as AML/KYC automation and testing, SOC 1/SOC2 reporting
- You have have experience working cross functionally with software engineers, product managers and designers, as well as marketing, finance, and legal teams to take products from idea to launch
- You’re comfortable interpreting regulatory guidance (and ambiguity) to craft actionable, relevant, and relatable compliance policies and procedures.
- You're genuinely interested in learning more about blockchain technology, the crypto-movement, and creating the regulatory compliance gold standard.
- You’re comfortable navigating environments in constant flux, such as a high growth startup.
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- You have a JD.
- You currently have, or are willing to obtain as a condition of hire, both the Series 7 and Series 24 securities licenses.
- You've kept up to date with the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
- 100% coverage of health, dental, & vision for you and your dependents.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan & FSA
- Flexible, guilt-free, vacation policy
- Endless snacks and bottomless cups of coffee
- Ergonomic workstation (including a standing desk).
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing company
Anchorage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. Anchorage refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, or Anchorage Trust Company, a South Dakota-chartered trust company. Anchorage Hold LLC and Anchorage Trust Company are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs Inc., a Delaware corporation headquartered in San Francisco, California.