The Head of Finance will be a vital member of our leadership team, reporting to our Co-Founder & CEO, Nathan McCauley. We are seeking a Head of Finance to help us scale and shape the future of our business strategy. You will lead all finance activities such as FP&A, accounting and reporting, audit management, corporate treasury and tax functions, and act as a partner to all business stakeholders.
- Be a trusted advisor to the members of the executive team.
- Provide leadership, direction and management to the finance team.
- Oversee effective internal financial controls and prepare all financial reporting.
- Prepare financial and operating analyses that support business decision making
- Analyze company operations to identify operational and cost efficiencies and implement solutions.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and disseminate financial and business intelligence across Anchorage.
- Identify and manage risks to our company’s financial and business health.
- Review major contracts and subcontracts for completeness and risk management issues.
- Play an active role in equity (and debt) financing.
- Present financial and operating performance and analyses to our executive team and Board of Directors.
- Oversee all tax-related matters to ensure timely compliance and all audits/reviews (financial, tax, bank, etc.); maintain a relationship with external auditors and ensure compliance of GAAP requirements.
- Assist with special projects assigned by our founders and/or Board of Directors.
- You’ve earned a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business, Economics and/or Finance. MBA, CFA or advanced degree preferred
- You have +10 years of corporate finance experience in an accounting, tax or FP&A function at either a tech company and/or capital-markets-related entity
- You’ve successfully hired, scaled, and lead high-performing teams.
- You’re excited by the proliferation of blockchain and crypto innovations; energized by Anchorage’s mission
- You’ve demonstrated a track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of an organization, including senior management and the Board
- You’re able to problem-solve and address potential roadblocks via strong communication skills
- You know how to balance competing short-term and long-term objectives while employing a bias for action
- You have a deep knowledge base around statistics, economics, mathematics, finance and accounting; strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- You’ve worked at or with institutional investment funds
- You’re familiar with regulatory finance and operations, and experience interfacing directly with FINRA in the past
- You understand current best practices around crypto accounting
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system!
- 100% coverage of health, dental, & vision (+75% coverage for families).
- One Medical Membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan & FSA
- Flexible, guilt-free, vacation policy
- Catered lunch and dinner
- Bottomless cups of coffee
- Ergonomic workstation build out (including a standing desk).
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing company