Anchorage was founded in 2017 to advance institutional participation in digital assets. Anchorage began as the leader in digital asset custody, solving private key security, and expanded its offerings to make every form of institutional participation as seamless as possible though Lending, Trading, Financing, Staking, and Governance, all integrated with secure, regulated custody. Today, Anchorage brings the best of modern security engineering to institutional custody and banking.
Anchorage Digital Bank received the first federal banking charter for a digital bank and converted prior to converting from its South Dakota trust charter in January 2021 and has raised more than $137 million since its January 2021 Series C from leading investors including GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, Andreessen Horowitz, Blockchain Capital, Lux, and Indico. Its advisors include Stanley Druckenmiller, Kevin Warsh, Max Levchin, and Elad Gil.
As a Security Engineer you will:
- Build secure, resilient, and global infrastructure from the ground up!
- Think deeply about security across the entire product ecosystem and help create a company culture that does as well.
- Review code across the entire stack and engineering organization while actively participating in product development.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
- Help scale the team.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
About our tech stack:
- Backend Tech: Go, C, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, GCP, AWS, and GraphQL.
- Frontend Tech: ReactJS, Flow, TypeScript, CSS Modules, Jest, and Cypress.
- Mobile Tech: Swift, RxSwift, CocoaPods, and Secure Enclave.
- Engineering Methodologies: Reverse uptime, cryptographically linked data models, tamper resistant ledgers, air gapped infrastructure, secure execution environments, container orchestration, repeatable builds, and infra-as-code.
We look for teammates who have:
- Real world experience shipping product and implementing secure frameworks, libraries, and services.
- Deep understanding of common crypto protocols (TLS, GPG, SSH, etc.), code signing, networks security, authentication/authorization, and the threat landscape for state-of-the-art attacks.
- Experience developing threat models and conducting incident response/forensics.
- A genuine care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- Prioritized end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- Developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- Some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)