- Write custom C code that leverages modern cryptographic libraries to write applications intended to run inside Hardware Security Modules and other enclaves.
- Review code across the entire stack and engineering organization while actively participating in product development.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
- Help scale the team.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
- Backend Tech: Go, C, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, GCP, AWS, and GraphQL.
- Frontend Tech: ReactJS, Flow, TypeScript, CSS Modules, Jest, and Cypress.
- Mobile Tech: Swift, RxSwift, CocoaPods, and Secure Enclave.
- Engineering Methodologies: Reverse uptime, cryptographically linked data models, tamper resistant ledgers, air gapped infrastructure, secure execution environments, container orchestration, repeatable builds, and infra-as-code.
- Your programming languages of choice are C, C++, and Go.
- You have comprehensive experience with secure low level C/C++ programming, kernel development/hardening, and/or embedded systems.
- You are familiar with Hardware Security Modules - ideally Thales.
- You have real world experience shipping product and implementing secure frameworks, libraries, and services.
- You have a deep understanding of common crypto protocols (TLS, GPG, SSH, etc.), code signing, networks security, authentication/authorization, and the threat landscape for state-of-the-art attacks.
- You genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
Company Benefits (Mid-Pandemic):
- 100% coverage of health, dental, & vision for you and your dependents.
- One Medical Membership.
- Pre-tax commuter/parking benefits.
- 401(k) plan & FSA.
- Flexible, guilt-free, vacation policy.
- Monthly mental health day.
- Home workstation budget.
- Employee training & development.
- Meaningful equity in a fast-growing company.
Anchorage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. Anchorage considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with other legal requirements. Anchorage refers to services that are offered either through Anchorage Hold LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and registered Money Services Business, or Anchorage Trust Company, a South Dakota-chartered trust company. Anchorage Hold LLC and Anchorage Trust Company are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Anchor Labs Inc., a Delaware corporation headquartered in San Francisco, California.