Hello! It’s nice to meet you. Anchor is a New York based startup aimed at democratizing audio. With the tap of a button, we enable anyone in the world to create compelling, high quality audio and instantly be heard anywhere (on our platform, on the web, in podcast players, on smart speakers, in cars, and much more coming soon). In short, we are doing very cool things, and we’d love your help to do cool things better and faster!
As an early member of Anchor’s web team, you’ll play a critical role in helping us define the future of podcasting by building new tools and improving the experience of our web platform. You’ll get to work alongside a cross-functional team of engineering, product, and marketing team members. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing engineering team at a consumer-facing and product-driven company that’s backed by some of the best investors in Silicon Valley and NY. This is a full-time role based in New York City.
Responsibilities will include:
- Constructing product features and templates from designs
- Developing and maintaining a fast, bug-free, and reusable library of web components written with React
- Working with other team members to run A/B tests and optimize website conversion
- Collaborating directly with other front- and back-end developers
- Ensuring cross-browser and multi-platform compatibility
- Assist marketing and product teams with frontend requests
- A sense of humor
- Passion for great, responsive web design
- Demonstrable experience building frontend React components
- Ability to try things and iterate very quickly
- Eagerness to learn
- Persistent/determined work ethic and a willingness to try anything and everything
- Comfortable balancing personal tastes/preferences with business needs, and always willing to prioritize whatever is needed to move the business forward
- Ability to work autonomously, but also know when to ask for help
- An eye for design
- An interest in podcasts, radio, or audio in general
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with NodeJS, the express framework, and REST concepts
- Experience with git
- Proficiency with modern web layout modules like CSS Grid and Flexbox
- Competitive salary, stock options, and whatever hardware, software, books, and tools you need to get your job done
- Benefits: medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k, flexible vacation policy
- A small, fast-moving team full of very nice, very smart, very creative people
- Opportunity to learn and grow into increasingly impactful roles
If you'd like to recommend a friend for this position, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anchor FM Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability status.