ANC designs, installs and provides ongoing operations and services for digital media architecture which stimulates, entertains and engages consumers at special events, sports venues, and places all around us. ANC fuses art, commerce and technology to set the gold standard of the event experience for a distinguished client list that includes the Super Bowl, the Final Four, New York City Marathon, Los Angeles Dodgers, the Ryder Cup, and New York City’s Westfield World Trade Center. ANC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of sports marketing & multimedia rights leader Learfield IMG College.
Field Technicians are responsible for assisting with the overall operations of ANC’s signage systems and LED displays for venues, events, and other spaces in their assigned market. From ongoing maintenance and repairs to real-time engineering and technical support, Field Technicians work with numerous teams and stakeholders, both internal and external, to represent ANC and its “gold standard” reputation of excellence in the industry.
ANC is looking to enlist new part-time Field Technicians and bolster its roster at the University of Notre Dame with more dedicated, hard-working individuals who are excited about ANC’s mission, have flexibility & available hours, and possess entrepreneurial, self-starter attitudes. Those who can accommodate a fluctuating schedule, which may include evening or overnight shifts and/or weekend work, are encouraged to apply. Regular access to reliable transportation is also necessary as frequent local travel is required.
Depending on the market, part-time Field Technicians may be either seasonal or year-round and can be regularly scheduled for up to 30 hours each week with some additional work hours as needed. Supervision is onsite by a local full-time Field Technician or remotely by a regional Field Operations Manager.
What you’ll do…
- Serve as a “front-line” representative of ANC in the field to clients, vendors, and other partners.
- Help operate and maintain signage systems and LED displays (scheduling, maintenance, etc.) at sports venues, live events, and commercial public/private spaces on the Notre Dame campus.
- Organize, assemble, and install new parts for signage and displays.
- Cross-functional collaboration with Technical Support, Client Services, and others to meet the needs of the clients.
- Participate in any required client or market-specific training, calls, meetings, etc.
- Troubleshooting of software-related problems and other technical issues.
- Support Fixed Projects in the regional market on an ad hoc basis.
What we’re looking for…
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Computer-literate and technologically oriented.
- Familiarity with the Windows operating system.
- A demonstrated openness and ability to learn quickly and easily adapt to shifting priorities in high pressure, deadline-driven environments.
- Physical stamina and comfortable working at higher elevations (ex. 40+ ft climbs).
- Previous experience in a customer-facing or client-centric job is strongly preferred.
- Flexible availability and willingness to travel regionally as needed.
- Background in or knowledge of LED displays and/or audio-visual systems is a plus, but not required.