Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team of global engineers to build and shape award-winning, cloud planning technology that is helping people and companies around the world every day to make better-informed plans and decisions.
For this backend Kotlin role, we're on the look out for outstanding engineers with in-depth experience of designing and building well-tested, independently deployable and highly observable microservices that are deployed frequently. You'll be working on a broad set of enhancements to Anaplan’s Metadata platform, but also participating in and driving other initiatives for Anaplan's growth into a multi-cloud solution.
You have a genuine passion for software engineering, a firm desire to continuously improve the software that you (and the company) work on, the development process and tooling. You thrive in an environment that deeply values collaboration, feedback, and learning. You are happy to drive design and architectural discussions, engage with a variety of stakeholders, and advocate for your strong opinions on best practice, quality and attitude, plus believe quality is something we all take ownership of, and write high-quality, well-tested code.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of distributed microservices, focusing on the company’s metadata platform
- Architect and implement highly scalable distributed systems and shared services infrastructure in a hybrid cloud environment
- Apply advance skills and judgement to know what to defer, and what problem needs to be solved now, with a pragmatic, business-oriented approach to evolving solutions over time
- Working with partners to translate product goals into prioritised requirements
- Use data-driven approaches to measure the quality of our platform and be a strong evangelist for security and observability
- Collaborating in the development and maintenance of the team’s development environment and CI/CD pipelines, with the constant aim of improving our automation, monitoring and alerting capabilities
- Mentoring and collaborating with other specialists and teams to share knowledge, and drive incremental improvements in the software we deliver as well as the way we work
- Supporting your services in production
Tech stack you'll get to work with:
- Kotlin (Java), Spring Boot
- Helm, Kubernetes, Docker
- CI Jenkins / CD Harness
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Fraud Recruitment Disclaimer:
It has come to our attention that fraudulent and fictitious job opportunities are being circulated on the Internet. Prospective candidates are being contacted by certain individuals, mainly through telephone calls, emails and correspondences, claiming they are representatives of Anaplan. The main purpose of these correspondences and announcement is to obtain privileged information from individuals.
Anaplan does not:
- Extend offers to candidates without an extensive interview process with a member of our recruitment team and a hiring manager via video or in person.
- Send job offers via email. All offers are first extended verbally by a member of our internal recruitment team whenever possible, and then followed up via written communication.
All emails from Anaplan would come from an @anaplan.com email address. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Anaplan, please send an email to email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.