Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
This executive will lead a team of Industry, Solution, and Product Marketing professionals to craft world-class positioning, messaging, content, and be a key spokesperson for Anaplan at events, in briefings with industry analysts, and in sales cycles. As a member of the marketing leadership team, this position will partner with multiple collaborators to build revenue-impacting programs that align industry/solution, product, sales, partners/alliances, enablement, and customer success. This role requires an outstanding combination of technical and product depth as well as storytelling savvy with extensive experience in enterprise B2B industry & solutions marketing. This leader will need to roll up the sleeves to lead and successfully drive projects, working together with the CMO, Marketing leaders, Product leaders, and Sales leadership. A consistent track record of developing simple and consumable messaging, content and collateral in various forms to convey the value proposition of the Anaplan portfolio in a highly differentiated buyer centric approach addressing the key questions, Why Change and Why Evolve. You have the demeanor to own problem and solutions, with a build, fix and scale mentality. This is a leadership position reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Strategic Narrative, Messaging and Positioning: craft and optimize highly differentiated positioning and messaging (including market, company, platform, product, and driven positioning) to equip sales teams to close deals, support successful product launches, and deploy through all market-facing communication touch points (website, sales messages, SDR, content, etc.)
- Content Strategy: work with our Content team to craft a content strategy that addresses each part of the buyer’s journey, online and offline, from awareness to decision
- Thought Leadership: build event presentations, write compelling articles, and brief decision makers, all in an effort to solidify our position as the leader with vision in connected planning
- Candidate will work with marketing, product and sales organizations to develop audience-centric messaging, collateral and other assets that convey the value proposition of the company to its respective buying centers, bringing to bear its various routes to market
- Candidate will serve as an evangelizer for products and solutions at internal and external events, participating in events, webinars and other such forums from time to time
- Candidate will verticalize messaging and solutions as appropriate as well as straddle business and technology message and assets, with a driven focus on Why Change and Why Evolve buyer centric messaging
- Lead and Scale: Elevate a team of Industry & Solution Marketing professionals capable of driving initiatives across the company. Provide a well-defined career path for team members.
- Know the Market: Authority in market dynamics, being able to anticipate market trends, customer needs and the required strategy to maintain our market leading position.
- Impact the execution of Anaplan’s Go-To-Market strategy: In partnership with marketing campaigns leadership, support and prioritize campaigns & programs to deliver overall pipeline and bookings numbers by industry and solution.
- Enable the Sales Team: Develop sales enablement content; provide mentorship to the sales enablement team to ensure they are equipped to implement sales plays in the market.
- Evangelize: Be the industry guide and a visible presence in the market for our solutions that positively influences our Sales, Partner, Customer and Analyst communities.
- 12+ years withs shown experience in leading a global industry, solution or product marketing team
- Proven track record to lead and scale with strategy and translate into execution through a customer-first lens
- Sense of urgency and passion for winning
- Strong innovator with an eye on the future
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and independent thinking
- Proven track record to own full P&L for a solution set and the associated market strategies to achieve revenue goals
- Compelling and effective communication, cross-functionally and at all levels
- Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.