Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who put customer experience at the forefront of every decision. Individuals who thrive on challenges and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings outstanding value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
Anaplan is looking for a Partner Field Engagement Director to lead the Financial & Business Services (F&BS) segment in the Americas. This is a stellar opportunity to get involved in a highly visible, large-scale SaaS cloud company. If you’re ready to conquer complex problems that no one else is solving, keep reading.
This role is responsible for driving Anaplan’s partner strategy in conjunction with
- AMER Alliance Leaders: who manage our largest partner relationships through detailed business plans at the region level
- Global Alliances Teams: who develop standard processes and where you will identify new partners, support new routes to market, ensure deal registration processes are followed, encourage partners to register for “industry” and “functional” badges, and collaborate with our hyperscaler/ISV teams
- Anaplan Sales: responsible for organic sales, working closely with partner leaders at the industry level to identify partner originated opportunities and to work with partners to influencing client/prospect sales
- Customer Success: responsible for customer retention and expansion, to ensure partners are inclusive of our success business managers and to encourage expansion sales
- Marketing: responsible for extending the message of the Anaplan platform, to help measure mROI (marketing return on investment)
This will involve a deep understanding of Anaplan partner ecosystem including global system integrators, cloud service providers, technology ISVs and boutique consultancies at the field level (by region, industry, function).
Understanding the complexities and functional value drivers of Enterprise Performance Management, along with the knowledge of Anaplan’s addressable market, client needs, and go-to-market approach is required.
The role is a direct report into the VP of Partner & Alliances, Field Execution for the Americas with dual accountability to the F&BS Vice President of Sales for the Americas.
Responsible for authoring and delivering originated revenue, influenced revenue and pipeline creation to meet/exceed Americas F&BS goals through the development of detailed business plans and in coordination with Americas alliance managers.
Contributes to the development and evangelism of the Partners & Alliances strategy as it supports Anaplan’s overall growth goals. Strives to help build a best-in-class partner program within SaaS.
Manages policies/plans to avoid conflict with partners who participate in both a direct and indirect channel. Communicates clear rules of engagement to the internal teams and partners. In strategy development, helps illuminate where conflict may occur and proposes recommendations to resolve.
Work with Anaplan field sales to identify potential new partnership opportunities to augment our global partner organization.
Execution & Alignment with Sales NNACV and Pipeline Goals
Success is tied directly to the Industry Sales Vice President sales goals and the % of NNACV sourced, influenced and pipelined by Anaplan partners.
Builds a comprehensive network/relationship map electronically of Anaplan partner leaders in the F&BS segment and with CSPs/ISVs, continuously adding new relationships and curating existing relationships to influence greater Anaplan sales.
Creates awareness of partners capabilities with Anaplan’s sales teams by developing programs, in conjunction with the Partner Business Manager, on how to increase awareness and fair representation of all partners in the ecosystem. Helps to identify and drive solution offerings that provide value to Anaplan in key vertical and horizontal solution areas.
Responsible for the day-to-day, field level relationship management of channel partners at the F&BS sales pod level. Within each sales “pod”, and other field team members, regularly evaluates the partner talent ecosystem and provide regular insights to the GPAO leadership on areas where existing partners are succeeding and where they may not have sufficient sales, pre-sales, model-builder and solution architect talent to support the needs of the pod in both a direct and indirect model.
Facilitate and extend relationships for the F&BS Sales Vice President and other members of Amer leadership with thought leaders and change agents at impactful partners.
Manages and monitors compliance/hygiene of all sales processes ensuring accurate data (e.g., pipeline, origination, co-sell, resell, cloud) are properly tagged with minimal attribution conflict.
To be successful in the role, you must possess the following skills
- You have experience in Cloud and SaaS software sales, consulting, customer support and/or partner management
- You are a strategic problem solver, but execution oriented. This role is a catalyst for leading change in our overall go-to-market strategy with Partners
- You possess industry knowledge and have the gravitas to collaborate with both global system integrator partners and C-suite leaders at boutique partner organizations
- You can prioritize an intense workload, while identifying the opportunities that will drive the biggest return on investment
- You have a track record in business transformation and are able to articulate results you have driven
- You are metrics driven and able to measure, manage and adjust to achieve your goals.
- Evidence of your ability to multi-task across objectives, services lines, sales reps, leadership, partners, marketing, and product functions
- Evidence of how you have established trusted, deep relationships with key stake holders on all sides of the partnership landscape
- Demonstrable experience of Business Development including alliance establishment, alliance management and marketing
- Experience in identifying market opportunities with a track record of instigating go-to-market plans and subsequent sales follow-through
- Commercially astute with the ability to promote the Anaplan proposition on a conceptual basis by illustrating business benefits
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audience and present the business value aspects of the proposition
- A good communicator and presenter, who possesses strong negotiation skills as well as sound interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence all levels of an organization
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive equitable benefits and all privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.