Here at Anaplan, we have reinvented how companies see, plan, and run their businesses. Our platform allows our customers to uncover new insights, connect their strategy to their plans, and work in ways they had not previously thought possible. We’re growing fast, constantly innovating, and couldn’t be prouder to help our customers move forward with confidence in a sophisticated and changing world.
We are looking for forward-thinking people who bend over backward to put customers first. Individuals who thrive on challenge and are ready to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime. Because we fundamentally believe every colleague brings unique value to our whole. We are a workplace where each person feels seen, heard, and valued, and can contribute their unique talent to our collective effort. We believe that for ourselves and for our customers.
We want you to think big and act bold through expressing your authentic best self! Anaplan is looking for a tenacious Sr. Technical Community Program Manager to join our Connected Planning team in, CA or remotely in the U.S. This is a stellar opportunity to get involved in a highly visible, large scale SaaS cloud company. This role is an immediate full-time position. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one else is solving, keep reading.
This role is in support of our ever-growing Community, providing the technical solutions to meet the expanding needs of our Community members. This will include the day-to-day maintenance of the platforms used to support the Community programs in addition to larger scale initiatives driving the evolution of our Community experience.
We're looking for someone who thrives in a changing environment. Has a desire to develop a deep understanding of our system and is excited to tackle meaningful problems at scale while delivering new capabilities to our rapidly growing number of customers.
- Support the Anaplan Community applying the Khoros (Lithium) Community Platform, including delivering improvements and updates
- Build and optimize components (Top posts, top users, most recent topics, leaderboards, other)
- Apply API data to produce new components (User directory, new blog pages, new forum design, personalized content feeds).
- Examples of projects that may be worked on:
- Work on integration between learning, content management and Community systems
- Collaborate with other engineers to create a more personalized experience for our members
- Enhance our Idea Exchange
- Reconceptualize forums
- User-rank and point accrual projects
- Participate in the planning process for new features and updates
- Maintain dev, stage, and production environments, including being on point for QA and assisting with major bug fixes during the production launch phase for each release
- Document customization work after each release in an easy to understand fashion
- Help with SEO optimizations
- Stay ahead of with SDK/Studio innovations, and API updates to improve Community experience
- Be primary liaison with platform vendor for technical discussions, releases, testing, and potential platform impacts
- Write code that is high-quality, performant, sustainable, and testable, and hold yourself accountable for the quality of the code you produce
- Mentor and collaborate both inside and outside the team. You enjoy working closely with others, helping them grow by sharing expertise and encouraging standard methodologies
- Explore design approaches to improve the user experience in a sophisticated domain
- Work with our stakeholders to translate product goals into useful engineering plans
Your qualifications, your influence
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- A solid background in encouraging a culture of continuous delivery and agile development
- A deep understanding of the value of testing to deliver high-quality code
- A strong product and design sensibilities. You enjoy perfecting the details that matter
- Experience in building reusable, and modular UI components and ensuring cross-browser compatibility.
- 3 years developing, deploying, and supporting commercial web applications
- Familiar with WCAG/ARIA and how to build applications based on these guidelines
- Knowledge and interest of current and emerging trends of the web platform
- Experience with building observability into applications to track usage and health
- Experience working closely with product management and UX teams to deliver the best solution to the problem at hand
- Good communication and teamwork skills - you are pragmatic and know how to build trust
Preferred skills and technical familiarity
- Experience using REST APIs
- Experience with Khoros or Lithium Studio, Community Admin, APIs, and SDK tools and standard methodologies
- Experience with using mobile SDKs for Android / iOS
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Jive Software and related Community platforms
- Experience with Single sign-on implementations
Experience with the following Technologies: