ServiceNow Principal Developer / Architect
Public Facing Job Post
We are seeking a highly motivated ServiceNow Principal Developer / Architect who will be responsible for introducing and supporting solutions and capabilities required to enable enterprise service management for current and future growth initiatives. The position is a hands-on architect role, responsible for crafting, developing, implementing and integrating across the enterprise to help our partners drive business outcomes, reduce friction, humanize the employee experience, and improve efficiency.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of the ServiceNow platform and products, taking advantage of OOTB features and capabilities, while also possessing extensive technical skills to craft and develop custom apps, scripts, and integrations.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical leadership, architecture design, development, and support for our ServiceNow platform.
- Develop innovative solutions that deliver high value business outcomes across the enterprise.
- Architect and develop reliable and scalable applications, integrations, workflows, orchestration, and overall automation.
- Streamline processes, improving experience, maximizing efficiency, and carrying out data hygiene.
- Improve development capabilities when possible to accelerate demand delivery while not compromising quality and experience.
- Apply thought leadership to understand dependencies, maintain security, and ensure performance and stability.
- Maintain instance health by adhering to and implementing ServiceNow best practices through configuration and development, leveraging OOTB features, capabilities, and configurations wherever possible.
- Drive continual improvement and recommend and implement platform performance optimization strategies to ensure maximum efficiency, upgradeability, data integrity, and overall platform operation.
- Maintain compliance and strive for swift controlled adoption of platform upgrades, patches, and hotfixes.
- Thoroughly evaluate, test, and regress development and upgrades to avoid unnecessary business impact and disruption.
- Build and maintain technical design and configuration documentation.
- Provide mentoring through example and mentorship.
- Address issues and seek to problem solve while understanding up/down downstream dependencies and impact, and introducing mitigation steps to prevent reoccurrence.
- Remain current in knowledge and understanding on the latest ServiceNow features and product offerings.
- Minimum 10 years of software development experience.
- 5+ years ServiceNow Platform/Product administration and configuration experience including applications, policies, business rules, ACLs, workflows, and notifications.
- Extensive experience with Scoped/Custom Applications, IntegrationHub, Flow Designer.
- Experience with ServiceNow Platform Products: ITSM, ITAM, SAMP, HR Enterprise, ITOM, ITBM, PA, PI, ML, ATF)
- Experience planning and executing ServiceNow Platform upgrades.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills including the ability to convey technical information in a way that non-technical audiences will understand.
- Ability to work closely with business customers and functional team members.
- Motivated and able to execute independently and remotely without supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related fields or equivalent professional experience.
- ServiceNow Certifications (on latest supported version): Application Developer, Certified System Administrator
- ITIL v3 foundation practitioner level certification preferred.