We are looking for an experienced finance leader and practitioner who has proven ability to drive strategic advisory, executive influence, and advance groundbreaking thought leadership to support complex finance solution deal cycles. We want you to think big and act bold through expressing your authentic best self! Anaplan is looking for a tenacious and highly versatile finance leader with an Anaplan platform experience to join the team. This is a stellar opportunity to get involved in a highly visible, large-scale SaaS cloud company. This role is an immediate full-time position. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help customers prepare for large finance and business transformation opportunities, keep reading.
The Senior Director, Finance Solution Sales will focus specifically on providing executive-level customer advisory and consultation during deal cycles. This role combines financial domain expertise, strong Anaplan platform familiarity, and strategic consulting experience to partner with our account teams to provide customers with a clear vision for enabling finance transformation with Anaplan.
In this role you should be comfortable building credibility and relationships with functional executives and partners, developing and executing sales cycle strategies, partnering with existing account teams, developing customer-specific functional perspectives, identifying customer challenges and needs while positioning Anaplan as the solution that can exceed expectations and drive market-leading outcomes for our customers.
Insight on your impact
- Lead strategic client engagements to successfully position Anaplan as the platform of choice for finance transformation with executives.
- Develop and maintain key customer contacts with top finance decision-makers at our most strategic accounts and partners
- Partner with finance solutions team to develop marketing collateral and point of view on critical finance thought leadership as well as support finance solution play development, sales enablement, awareness and pipeline building.
- Collaborate with pre-sales, value insights, marketing and sales to drive consistency in complex sales cycle execution.
- Develop specific deal strategy, positioning, and messaging as well as leading and facilitating sales cycles
- Pilot innovative ways by leveraging domain expertise, field feedback, and stakeholder learnings
- Engage regularly with Sales Leadership to identify and align on prioritized opportunities by providing functional advisory to potential opportunities
- Lead development and scale of finance solutions go-to-market strategy
- Embrace and stay current with Anaplan's value selling process and demonstrate these insights to drive customer dialog and opportunities
- Continuously keep up with industry trends, innovations, and competitors to ensure effective sales strategies
- Interact regularly with the solutions marketing and functional product groups to share customer challenges, trends, and expectations
- Live by Anaplan's corporate values of Openness, Authenticity, Inclusiveness, Collaboration, and Creativity
Your qualifications, your influence
- 12+ years of finance demonstrated ability either selling Finance solutions, driving finance transformation, or industry leadership roles (e.g., head of FP&A)
- Experience selling or positioning EPM, CPM, ERP, or other financial SaaS tools or consulting projects including leading, deploying, or selling the Anaplan platform
- Experience and understanding of the competitive landscape and customer needs so you can optimally position Anaplan
- Ability to articulate market requirements and effectively enable others with your knowledge, expertise, and pro-active communication
- Proven ability to effectively influence, communicate and drive change with multiple stakeholders at all levels of management
- Ability to understand and navigate through complex and fast-paced company environments
- Strong presentation and organizational skills; ability to tailor approach depending upon customer maturity, audience, industry, or function
- Proven track record of establishing credibility, customer advocacy, and becoming a trusted advisor
- Demonstrated success in leading or developing capabilities for scenario planning, financial modeling, analytics, and insights to deliver business outcomes
- An exciting, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity, and a range of comprehensive benefits.
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.