Junior Level 3 Support Analyst investigates and diagnoses sophisticated problems reported by Anaplan customers. Any issues that require in-depth knowledge of the product or an investigation into the logging or back-end of the system will be raised to the Level 3 Technical Support team. The range of issues that are raised is diverse and can vary from front-end client or UI issues to modeling or server problems to the platform or network performance.
As a Junior Level 3 Support Analyst, you will gain an in-depth knowledge of the product from end-to-end, work with large volumes of data using tools like Splunk and work closely with multiple teams including Engineering, Product, Operations, Customer Success and Customer Support to ensure that the customer issue is resolved quickly and thoroughly.
Level 3 can feel slightly chaotic as priorities change on a daily and sometimes hourly basis, meaning that your focus may need to be frequently shifted between investigations. We are the intermediary between the customer and Anaplan internally; when we resolve issues, we need to consider the best interests of the customer and also those of Engineering and Product, consequently, you need to have a good understanding of both the priorities of the customer and also the internal teams.
- Triaging and prioritizing Anaplan support cases
- Drive improvements and standard methodology within the wider teams
- Work with the leadership team on strategy and insights
- Investigating issues raised via support cases, working directly with the customer
- Working with the Engineering, Operations, and Product teams to resolve issues were vital
- Raising bugs where appropriate
- Presenting progress of issues/fixes to the customer and Customer Success organization
- Detailing investigations of new issues and new SOPs
- Driving supportability of the product
- On-Call Rota participation - Junior Level 3 Support Analyst provides emergency call out for urgent customer issues 24/7.
- The on-call Rota is shared between several team members so you can expect to be on call approx. 1 week in 12 and 1 weekend in 12.
What you will need:
- Quick learner with a desire to understand sophisticated systems and software behavior.
- A genuine passion for problem solving and persistence when vital.
- Complex problem solving and analytical skills needed with a methodical approach.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure within a moderately chaotic environment.
- Ability to switch focus quickly as priorities change.
- Working with support teams and customers to gather the right information to resolve issues and communicate back resolutions and workarounds.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to convey technical information in a concise and understandable way.
- Knowledge of programming, server architecture, networking, and basic computing concepts such as resource contention, garbage collection, and browser caching is helpful.
- A passion for business analytics, modeling, and planning.
- Aptitude for quickly ramping up on new technology.
- The desire to work with a truly multifaceted and exciting team.