Anaplan is seeking a high-performing Principal Program Manager, Product & Business Operations to lead key aspects of the Product Organization and Product Operations team for the fastest growing company in the connected planning category. Reporting to the Director of Product Operations, the Program Manager, Product & Business Operations will be a trusted advisor within the organization and a respected partner to cross-functional peers.
The Product Operations team, reporting into the Product organization, is seeking a candidate with a track record of success, highly skilled at working cross-functionally to align key stakeholders within an organization. The ideal candidate for this role will have a keen understanding of trends in the SaaS industry, a nose for sleuthing through data, a passion for metrics, and an uncanny ability to translate complex data-driven analysis into clear actionable decisions. Prior experience in tech strategy, business operations, financial modeling, or management consulting would be ideal.
This is a highly visible role across the organization, and the candidate must have the ability to build trust and partnerships with other colleagues in product management, finance, customer success, sales operations, pricing, and Go to Market Strategy functions. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of business strategy, quantitative analysis, passion for solving complex problems, excellent communication skills, quantitative analysis, and the ability to boil complicated strategies down into easy to understand presentations.
The position is based in San Francisco, CA, and we are open to other US locations and flexible work locations for the ideal candidate. Anaplan pays competitive salary, bonus, benefits, and equity.
This Program Manager, Product & Business Operations will be an integral member of the Product Operations team and will work cross-functionally across the entire Anaplan organization. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Identify, analyze, and act on critical business challenges and opportunities
- Develop KPI’s to measure performance of Anaplan’s SaaS product offerings
- Be part of the end-to-end lifecycle of a project, from strategy to operationalization to execution to results
- Become trusted advisor as a subject matter expert in SaaS license and spend metrics and product P&L
- Liaison between product management, finance, sales operations, pricing, and Go to Market Strategy functions to manage, communicate and improve metrics
- Collaborate with executive team and Go-to-Market leadership to perform analyses including market sizing, addressable opportunity, win/loss analysis, pipeline health, competitive overview, and customer needs.
- Manage tools and execute related programs that drive automated metrics at scale for our Product team
- Ability to actively problem-solve and execute leadership requests in a timely manner
- Effective team player who is also an independent thinker
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- The responsibilities aren’t always defined. It’s critical that you have the skills, motivation and initiative to really take ownership of the space to help drive us forward as a company. This role requires high levels of autonomy, accountability, and integrity!
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
We are looking for candidates from a diverse set of backgrounds that have experience distilling complex ideas down into easy to understand business strategies. Candidates should be comfortable being an individual contributor but also be ready to contribute with impact to strategic discussions and decisions. As a fast-growth company, there will be many opportunities to move into other roles throughout the company.
Example backgrounds may include:
- Bachelor’s degree required from a competitive institution; MBA or graduate degree is preferred
- 7+ years of experience in technology or software company in strategy, business operations, financial modeling, or management consulting
- 2 to 5 years of work experience in an analytic role preferred
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success
- Ability to manage own workload, work efficiently, and meet deadlines
- Highly analytical and able to troubleshoot issues quickly – you should be able to go from high level to low level very easily
- Top-notch data analytics and problem-solving skills, with an ability to synthesize disparate information and data into actionable recommendations.
- History of cross-functional work experience
- Data-driven with a commitment to process improvement
- Ability to focus on progress and results; a natural problem-solver
- Aptitude for technology and ability to connect technical concepts with customer value
- Ability to prioritize and focus in a results-driven environment where trade-offs are essential skills.
- A strong bias towards action. Ability to assess a situation, quickly evaluate the pros and cons, and make decisions.