Senior User Experience Designer
San Francisco, CA
Anaplan is looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our growing global User Experience team in San Francisco, and chip in as a member of our Research and Development organization. Anaplan has offices in San Francisco, Minneapolis, London and York. This is a stellar opportunity to get involved in a highly visible, large scale cloud company.
Are you a creative problem solver who can both give and receive feedback? Do you lead with inclusion, collaboration and openness? Now is an exciting time to join a mature team with ~20 designers and researchers, focused on rolling out beautiful and easy to use mobile and web interfaces that help businesses plan across the enterprise and improve decision-making. Our team provides design expertise across multiple scrum teams, supports the evolution of an exciting new design system and makes time for exploratory work that informs our product vision.
As a Senior User Experience Designer at Anaplan, you will be working with product owners, engineers and our design system team to design online content for our admin, builder and business user personas. You will play a big part in developing re-usable design patterns, with the aim of crafting a cohesive end-to-end experience for our customers. The User Experience team is responsible for advocating for the user experience across our ecosystem. We facilitate data-driven decisions through understanding user needs and problems and evaluating solutions. Our goal is to drive customer delight and that ‘aha’ moment for our customers when they see the possibilities of Anaplan.
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and seek unique problems that no one else is solving, keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understanding and advocating for our users, and their needs and problems in order to determine solutions and deliver phenomenal experiences across devices.
- Running collaborative cross-functional design studios to conceptualize on proposals.
- Sharing your work with designers and other partners to iterate through design proposals.
- Working with our researchers to evaluate high risk proposals through user research.
- Describing solutions through light-weight design assets and UX acceptance criteria.
- Working closely with our design system team to develop and document an evolving design language, in order to maintain a coherent experience across our ecosystem.
- Evaluating quantitative and qualitative data in order to continually improve solutions.
A little about you:
To be successful in the role, your skills and mindset will enable you to:
- Share your passion for information architecture and interaction design.
- Lead multiple stakeholders and work with product owners to prioritize accordingly.
- Demonstrate your experience working with and contributing to design systems.
- Use solid methodologies for solving complex user problems.
- Communicate ideas quickly through sketching or other lo-fi design techniques.
- Form hypotheses based on common patterns, related tools and understanding of user behavior.
- Prototype experiences using HTML or specialist tools such as InVision or Adobe XD
- Define user flows and information architecture diagrams using tools such as LucidCharts.
- Describe cross-device experiences using tools such as Sketch or Adobe XD
- Experience with Lean UX practices
- Hands-on experience with user research
- Experience with complex application design, especially in financial systems
- Experience with mobile (iOS/Android/Mobile-Web)