Anaplan are looking for motivated SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERS, based in YORK (UK) - working in autonomous Scrum teams with an emphasis on collaboration, innovation and honesty, we’re serious about attracting the best…we have hugely complex technical problems to solve, and offer unrestricted progression, a relaxed working environment, superb packages and much more.
We look for exceptional Engineers, regardless of your language(s) of choice - smart, passionate people who believe in simplicity, agility and performance and can choose and use the best tools for the job. In this role as a Senior Engineer, the additional ability to support, enable and mentor your team is also highly desirable.
We know how important learning and development are, so constantly invest in our Engineering team (over 300 people globally and growing by the day) with time and a dedicated budget for self-study, training, events and global conferences - ensuring that whatever you need is always available.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Be part of a well-balanced, cross functional team, delivering exceptional software.
- Actively practice continuous integration and deployment and proactively contribute improvements to the way these are done
- Write tests at every level of the testing pyramid to ensure the quality of your work is good to go to production every time we build
- Be capable of working within an agile development process and are self-driven enough to thrive in an environment that promotes high levels of autonomy.
- Be driven by the customer, everything you do is to solve a problem for our users or to enable us to solve problems for users more effectively/sustainably.
- Apply your expertise across the full stack as necessary. We recognise specialisms but appreciate open minded people who will step out of their comfort zone to complete their work and expand their skill set.
- Liaise with the product owner to set expectations and define acceptance criteria
- Work on an exciting product vision which will change the way in which the world’s largest enterprises do their planning
- Good attention to detail - you will create applications which solve significant problems for our users, this drives you more so than anything
More About You:
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to craft well architected and easy to reason about applications regardless of the "tier".
- Solid toolkit of design patterns and ability to choose the right ones to apply to each problem.
- Familiarity with full stack architectural patterns such as micro-frontends, Backend for front end etc.
- Expertise writing scalable backend micro-services, bonus points if you know the JVM (Java and Kotlin mostly using Spring Boot).
- Any experience using deployment tools/technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, chef or puppet is advantageous
- Writing well thought out tests at the appropriate level, you know when it is appropriate to use TDD/BDD. Quality is extremely important and we expect it to be for our engineers too.
- The ability to coach and collaborate - you enjoy working closely with others, Pairing and learning, and are comfortable showing off your work.
- Positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a really big deal for us…we're looking for really smart people who love solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done.