At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated SOFTWARE ENGINEER to join our growing team of global engineers to build and shape award-winning, cloud planning technology that is helping people and companies around the world every day to make better-informed plans and decisions.
You will join a team of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren’t afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don’t wait for an excuse to have fun. In fact, we’re so serious about it that it’s one of our core values.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contributing to the design and implementation of software, including components for managing communication between client and server, server components for importing and exporting data, design and optimisation of data structures for massive in memory storage
- Writing documents to record design decisions and implementation details
- Writing automated unit and integration tests
- Providing technical support for systems in production
More about you:
You have a genuine passion for software engineering, a respect for the development process and a firm desire to help improve software that you work on. You thrive in an environment that deeply values collaboration, feedback, and learning.
You believe quality is something we all take ownership of, and write high quality, testable code. You have experience using Test Driven Development and want to make use of that experience. You can apply agile development principles and push for modern best practices in software development and deployment.
The core language for this role is Java and we are looking for exceptional engineers with in-depth experience in high performance multi-threaded distributed systems written in Java. We also require expertise in JVM performance tuning, large heaps and Garbage Collection.
Additionally, we are looking for really smart, passionate people who believe in simplicity, agility and performance and can choose and use the best tools for the job.
Technologies we work with:
- Kubernetes, Docker
- AWS, GCP, Azure
- Kotlin, Rust
- Experience working with containers and container-orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes, especially for performance sensitive applications
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Hands on experience using and configuring CI/CD tools
- A passion for applying DevOps to make projects run faster and smoother by automating key steps and improving operational efficiency and standardization
What we offer:
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with equity, generous bonuses, and a comprehensive range of benefits.
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
- Huge problems to solve – you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around!