Do you have a passion for security? Do you believe that it is not enough to just lock your house, but also to close every other entryway and to safeguard the key that opens that lock?
Are you a creative problem solver who can both give and receive feedback? Do you lead with inclusion, collaboration and openness?
If this sounds like you, then come join us as a Senior Software Engineer in the product security team.
The Product Security organization builds next generation Key Management Services, along with Authentication, Authorization and Auditing, that enable Anaplan customers to manage keys that are used to encrypt their data in Cloud, thereby allowing Anaplan customers to remain the ultimate custodians of their data.
Our team is working to secure our customer’s data at rest, in use and in transit through advanced cryptography algorithms and practices. As a Software Engineer, you will proactively assume responsibility for quickly learning the existing platform security and cryptography offerings, write robust, well tested, highly scalable, thread safe, well documented code. You will also leverage your strong teamwork and collaboration skills and engage with other platform and applications teams to ensure all encryption tech meets the requirements of the consumers of our platform and works within the business automation structure of our cloud and public clouds such as GCP and AWS.
We have a long list of incredible benefits and offer highly competitive packages - we’re serious about attracting the best technologists in the industry. You’ll be collaborating with people who are pushing Java and the JVM to the limits. We’ll also offer you a rewarding career with a company that values diversity and invests in you.
Day to day you will be developing critical security services for the Anaplan Core Platform. Our customers entrust us with their financial data and intelligence and that's a huge responsibility.
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What we are looking for:
- Extraordinary communication and collaboration skills. You are pragmatic and know how to build trust.
- A true passion for Security Engineering
- The ability to lead a team of engineers to deliver on cross-functional projects
- An advocate of TDD, you demand code that is tested and testable
- You're not afraid to show off your work, as well as learn new things.
- Hands-on experience as a back end engineer with a proven track record of delivering production quality security services.
- Positive energy and enthusiasm
- Experience working docker and Kubernetes in a production environment
You must have:
- Masters degree or equivalent work experience
- Outstanding developer, proficient with Java (at least 8) or Kotlin or Golang as these our main languages
- Deep understanding of OOP and Functional programming.
- Understanding of basic security principals specially for writing secured code.
- You are able to write simple, clean and testable code.
- Deep understanding of testing approaches and methodologies.
- A wide breadth of knowledge in protocols around authentication, authorization, applied cryptography, identity management auditing or similar.
- Experience with of symmetric/asymmetric keys, certificates and TLS
- Experience with handling massive load of requests and working with multithreaded and distributed services
- Ability to take ownership and full responsibility of the services / products you will deliver.
- You've implemented OAuth2/SAML2/ – Huge bonus
Your Day to Day
- Designing and developing encryption APIs to support large scale data and workflow security and Audit/BYOK products.
- Liaison with Product Manager, Engineering Manager and other agile teams to align with the overall product vision and architecture design.
- Contributing to quality and security through code reviews and Agile driven test-based-development, documentation and continuous integration processes.
- Working with other teams and support their needs.
Our preferred tech stack:
- Web API based Services (Dropwizard, Jersey, Spring Boot, Jetty)
- Serialization mechanics with current state of services (JSON, Protobuf)
- Relational and/or Non-Relational Databases (MYSQL, Redis)
- Micro-services architecture, Distributed Systems & Scalability, Linux
- Docker and Kubernetes
- *We are looking for senior security engineers. This position is not an IT or operations