Anaplan is looking for a tenacious PLATFORM ENGINEER to join the CLOUDWORKS team in the SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA. This is a stellar opportunity to work for a highly visible, fast growing, large scale SaaS cloud company. Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and seek unique problems that no one else is solving, then keep reading.
Join us! We're looking for really smart people who love solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done. Our workforce is remote until further notice (Covid).
- Build and maintain cloud native integrations, integration frameworks and applications for integrating data between operational systems and data repositories.
- Work on building a Data Integration Service framework and associated native connectors for exporting/importing data from external systems like S3, Google Cloud Store as well as integrate with external ML services like Salesforce Einstein, AWS Forecast etc.
- Write code that is tested and testable; take ownership for the quality of the code you produce. If you're an advocate of TDD, even better.
- Showcase your outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- Express personal positive energy and passion - cultural fit is a really big deal for us.
Your qualifications and influence
- BSCS or equivalent practical experience as a professional Platform or Backend Engineer.
- 2-4 yrs work experience
- Build microservices, software libraries and SDKs using Python and Java;
- Utilize advanced knowledge of Distributed Computing, Queuing systems, SQL and No-SQL databases, Big Data and Algorithms and Data structures to build scalable software platform and a SaaS product at scale;
- Create Rest APIs in order to allow end-users to interact with various services deployed in datacenters and in the cloud;
- Design and implement highly scalable distributed systems
- Ensure a streamlined and automated application deployment using Jenkins and other deployment tools.
Preferred skills and technical familiarity:
- Messaging Systems such as Kafka, AMQP (RabbitMQ), ZeroMQ
- Public Cloud (e.g. AWS / GCP/ Azure)
- Database Management Systems (SQL, NoSQL)
- Java 10+, Python, Go, Flask, Django, Kubernetes, Docker, Kubernetes Operators, Helm Charts, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, MySQL, AWS, GCP, Azure, CI/CD tools-like Jenkins, Spinnaker, Logging and Telemetry tools- like Prometheus, Splunk, Grafana and SignalFX
- Capability working with containers and container-orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
Adding additional insight, and a growth demeanor, will elevate your contribution in this role.