At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated SENIOR SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER to join our Infrastructure Engineering team in SAN FRANCISCO. The Infrastructure Engineering team has a global presence across San Francisco, US, London, UK, and York, UK. You will be partnering with the UK SRE team, as well as Engineering Development teams, Product Architecture, and Program Management.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, we know that you are passionate about seamless uptime. You delight in building tools to automate routine tasks and constantly seek new ways to improve system performance. If you also want to join a fast-growing organization and work with friendly passionate people, you found the right place!
Located in the heart of the SOMA district, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we do at Anaplan when you step into our San Francisco office. We’re a high-growth company developing best-in-class solutions to planning at an enterprise scale. Our customers rely on Anaplan as an always-on shared source of truth as they navigate the constant change and planning required to stay on top in the marketplace—we're pioneering the Connected Planning discipline to help business make decisions more quickly and decisively than ever before.
What you’ll be doing:
- Utilize your skills in automation, replication and scaling in both public cloud and private data center environments
- Write scripts to build custom tools for automation, replication and scaling
- Extend the existing automation we have in place and making things even easier to use
- Monitor and provide metrics on our systems
- Support Engineering development teams in getting their products to production and supporting them once there
- Lead release deployments and peer review services
- Adhere to compliance standards in the development and operations spaces as guided by Engineering security.
- Participate in on-call rotation
More about you:
- BS. in Computer Science and 5+ years relevant experience OR 10+ years equivalent experience supporting production platforms
- Automation using tools such as Chef, Ansible, Terraform and Rundeck
- Scripting in any of the following: Ruby, Python, Bash
- Multi Data center management, replication, scaling; taking a bare metal server/hardware to a fully functional application server
- Middleware components such as HA Proxy, NGNIX, and Apache
- Supporting Kubernetes environments in production
- Java applications including JVM performance and tuning
- Metrics and monitoring – using Splunk, Sumo Logic, or open source alternatives
- Managing public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Linux administration including package management, DNS and network file system
- MySQL – replication, backups, some light querying
- Networking – Switches, routers, firewalls, VPN
Do you align with Anaplan’s Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We’re building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We’re addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time. With 900+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan’s platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree—Anaplan is changing the way the world does business. Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it’s like to work at Anaplan. Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.
CAN’T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY: