At Anaplan, we are looking for a self-motivated SENIOR SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER to join our growing team in SAN FRANCISCO to be a member of the Global Technical Operations group located across San Francisco, US, London, UK, and York, UK. You will be embedded in the Technical Operations organization, and also work closely with Engineering Development teams, Product Architecture, and Program Management. There is close partnering between our UK SRE team and our SF SRE team.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, we know that you are passionate about seamless uptime. You delight in building tools to automate routine tasks and constantly seek new ways to improve system performance. If you also want to join a fast-growing organization and work with friendly passionate people, you found the right place!
Located in the heart of the SOMA district, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we do at Anaplan when you step into our San Francisco office. We’re a high-growth company developing best-in-class solutions to planning at an enterprise scale. Our customers rely on Anaplan as an always-on shared source of truth as they navigate the constant change and planning required to stay on top in the marketplace—we're pioneering the Connected Planning discipline to help business make decisions more quickly and decisively than ever before.
We are seeking a visionary and an evangelist who has a strong bias for action. If this inspires you and you want to thrive in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions, we encourage you to get in touch with us and be a part of an amazing journey with Anaplan. This role is an immediate full-time position. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Our core technology is Java on Linux using open source technology throughout the stack. The Java engine runs and stores all data in RAM for super high performance while staying safe with transaction logs and auto recovery. The office is Macs with a few Windows holdouts. You decide which works best for you
- Utilize your skills in automation, replication and scaling to manage the production cloud in our worldwide data centers
- Write scripts in Ruby, Python, Perl, etc. to build custom tools for automation, replication and scaling
- Build tools to monitor and provide metrics on our systems
- Perform Linux system administration (DNS, NFS, RPM, Apache, Raid, etc.)
- Extend the existing automation we have in place and making things even easier to use
- Support Engineering development teams in getting their products to production and supporting them once there
- Lead Release deployments and participate in revising software design to scale and prevent against failures
- Ensure compliance with various best practices
- Adhere to compliance standards in the development and operations spaces as guided by security
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Work in a customer facing production environment
More about you:
- BS. in Computer Science and 5+ years relevant experience OR 10+ years equivalent experience supporting production platforms using the following skills:
- Automation using tools such as Chef and Rundeck
- Scripting in any of the following: Ruby, Python, Perl, BASH
- Multi Data center management, replication, and scaling
- Middleware software such as HA Proxy, Consul, NGNIX, Terraform and Apache or equivalent architectures
- Java applications including JVM performance and tuning
- Metrics and monitoring – using Splunk, Sumo Logic, or open source alternatives
- Linux administration including package management, DNS and network file systems
Technologies you’ll work with:
- Red Hat
- Dell-Both Virtual and Bare Metal
- HP-Both Virtual and Bare Metal
- New Relic
- MySQL – replication, backups, some light querying
- Networking – Switches, routers, firewalls, VPN
- Amazon EC2, EFS and related AWS technologies
- Google Cloud Platform and related GCP technologies
- Taking a bare metal server/hardware to a fully functional app server
Do you align with Anaplan’s Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We’re building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We’re addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time. With 900+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan’s platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree—Anaplan is changing the way the world does business. Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it’s like to work at Anaplan. Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.
CAN’T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY: