Role: Pre-Sales Engineer
Reports to: Director of Sales Engineering and Implementation
Location: Austin, NY, Remote
Job Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Last Updated: 13 June 2018
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 6 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and healthcare industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
- Participate in phone, online and in-person sales meetings with prospects and existing customers.
- Manage customer trials and proof-of-concepts.
- Develop presentations, demonstrations, and prototypes that articulate the value of our software
- Articulate and educate on technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including data scientists, architects, and IT professionals
- Map customer requirements to current and future offerings
- Respond to functional and technical RFPs
- Stay up to date on technical skills, product releases, and product features.
- Document and communicate product feedback and new requirements from the field
- 3+ years of pre-sales engineering experience
- Proven analysis and problem-solving expertise
- Experience delivering presentations and demonstrations to senior level business and technical audiences
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Unix/Linux competency
- Competency in at least one programming language, ideally Python
- Experience with big data technologies
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
- Ability to travel up to 35%
What will make you stand out:
- Experiences deploying software into enterprise environments a plus
- Data science, analytics, or business intelligence experience
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Undergraduate degree in STEM field
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!