Role: Senior Software Engineer (Platform)
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Location: Remote, US
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 26 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Senior Platform Engineer to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- You design solutions for large sized complexity problems in such a way that is simple and easy to understand by others inside and outside the department.
- You will directly and indirectly mentor others on the team to ensure that the team and department are always moving forward.
- You create and implement new processes that add to the team and/or department’s success.
- You will consistently increase productivity skills by constantly improving knowledge of core infrastructure and tooling, as well as testing best practices
- You consistently have the ‘bigger’ picture understanding of business and company goals.
- You will actively participate / lead as-needed, in daily meetings, planning meetings, etc.
- You will create and maintain unit and integration tests and software documentation
- You take ownership of own team process inefficiencies, implement cross team efforts in ensuring things are running smoothly
- You will produce focused and fully articulated pull-requests (“explaining the why” so others benefit from the teachings/understandings), as well as review others’ PRs in a thoughtful manner in your work stream or project area. You will also encourage and drive this type of culture within the team and department.
- You will own deliverables within the department, and have the understanding and know-how to support other deliverables that the team is responsible for.
- You proactively seek feedback from team members regarding “areas of improvement” in your impacted work streams and/or projects, and own actions to improve these areas, as well as delegate accordingly.
- Create and present areas of interest in our department and organization lunch and learns / team learning events, while also encouraging others to do so on the team.
What You Need:
- Ability to balance time and scope
- Experience in: object oriented language such as Python, Java or Go (open to other languages)
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure- (i.e AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience with Authentication tools like AuthO, Auth2, IAM
- Experience with Containers, k8s & docker- Production level
- Capable of working in ambiguity and fast paced environment
- Team attitude: “I am not done, until WE are done”
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in a open source or data science-oriented company
- Worked on a SaaS products
- Experience collaborating with Product Management and UX / Design teams
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Remote-first environment
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy
- Snake Days
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.