Role: Senior Product Content Strategist
Reports to: Director of Product
Location: US Remote
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 21 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is looking for a Product Content Strategist to drive technical content development and curation for end users and creators of open- source software. You will be responsible for maintaining a cross-functional editorial calendar, creating original content, managing third-party content contributions, and tracking and reporting on content performance. Reporting into our Head of Product, you will bring an expertise in technical content creation, strong writing and editing skills, and a passion for turning an idea into a vehicle to drive engagement with open- source tools across the community.
The ideal candidate must have experience with short and long-form content creation, excellent writing and copy editing skills, an aptitude for project management, and an appetite for turning data into insights.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan, develop, and deliver clear, relevant content that meets business goals and user needs across a variety of platforms
- Discover opportunities for new content by using market/community data and syncing with Community Management, Product Marketing, Product Management, and User Experience.
- Work with User Experience to build an Information Architecture optimized for usability and findability.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to further develop our Content Management System to continuously improve the publication process
- Own the process to collect and curate content from partners, practitioners, and creators.
- Work with our Partnership team to onboard content partners and manage the execution of the partnership agreement
- Connect our technical content together, allowing users to quickly find solutions to problems and explore resources that are common to the problems they are working to resolve..
- Write, edit, and proofread a variety of content including long-form assets, blog posts, tutorials, email copy, and video narration.
- Track, analyze, and report on content performance, leveraging industry best practices and knowledge of business goals to develop new strategies
- Monitor community and technology trends, surface data and trends, and proactively identify themes and opportunities that can be used in compelling storylines relevant to our business
What You Need:
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, communications, or related discipline
- 5+ years of technical content experience
- Exceptional writing and copy editing skills across a variety of media and content types (you will be asked to provide samples)
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability and interest to develop insights, reports, and content from data
- Obsessive attention to detail and excellent project management skills
- Collaborative work style; ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Proactive communicator; able to comfortably communicate plans to Product leadership, as well as other stakeholders/leaders within and outside of the organization
- Passionate about technology and data science, you do not need to be a data scientist or developer, you just need to understand the process and be excited about the technology.
- Team attitude: “I am not done, until WE are done”
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in a open source or data science-oriented company
- Strong track record of editorial excellence on behalf of an organization
- Direct experience with open-source software, data science and / or community engagement a plus
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.