Role: Senior Systems Engineer
Reports to: Director, IT
Location: Remote, ATX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 21 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Sr. Systems Engineer to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Building and maintain the technical infrastructure of the company
- Taking ad-hoc technical support requests from internal employees and contractors only (not customer facing).
- Variety of planned work for systems maintenance, implementation, patching, incident response, technical onboarding and systems life-cycle.
- Assisti and create technical knowledge base articles and documentation.
What You Need:
- Experience Administering Okta
- Seasoned Experience with Systems Management Tools such as (meraki systems manager, jamf, kandji, etc.)
- Familiarity with each of the following: Mac, Linux, & Windows
- Adaptable, Independent self-starter, that will drive initiatives and make progress, without daily oversight (role ownership)
- No brilliant jerks - this is an internal customer service oriented role
- Team attitude: “I am not done, until WE are done”
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure
- Experience managing infrastructure as code
- Traditional network management experience (subnets, firewalls, data flow)
- JIRA Administration
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology (kanban based)
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.