Role: Community Manager & Evangelist
Reports to: Director of Product
Location: Remote, US
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 21 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Community Manager & Evangelist to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the primary voice of Anaconda within the open source community, as well as the primary voice of the community within Anaconda
- Grow, collaborate with, and help manage Anaconda’s various open source user and maker communities
- Engage with key stakeholders in our communities on a regular basis over a variety of channels (chat, forums, webinars, office hours, etc)
- Share knowledge, provide support/training, maintain and build relationships within the community.
- Collaborate with marketing to plan events and develop high-impact content in various forms such as technical demos, blog posts, podcasts, or others
- Increase awareness of Anaconda’s role with the and Python / Data Science communities
- Prepare and present compelling content at industry-scale, niche, and online events.
- Be the strongest internal advocate for our community collaborators and users to help drive product roadmap and development decisions
What You Need:
- 5-8 years in a community manager, evangelist, developer advocate, open source software engineer, or similar capacity
- Demonstrated track record of open source contributions, community engagement, and decision making
- Hands-on technical or scientific computing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills w/ Event Speaking Experience
- Must be an independent self-starter, that will drive initiatives and make progress, without daily oversight
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a open source or data science-oriented company
- Specific open source contribution and engagement in PyData and Anaconda communities
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.