Role: Senior Front End Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Remote, US
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
With over 21 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular Python data science platform. Anaconda, Inc. continues to lead open source projects like Anaconda, NumPy, and SciPy that form the foundation of modern data science. Anaconda’s flagship product, Anaconda Enterprise, allows organizations to secure, govern, scale, and extend Anaconda to deliver actionable insights that drive businesses and industries forward.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. We strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Senior Engineer to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a key member of the Anaconda Nucleus team that helps drive clarity and alignment across the team
- You take ownership of team process inefficiencies, implement cross team efforts in ensuring things are running smoothly
- You create and implement new processes that add to the team and/or department’s success
- You design solutions for large sized complex problems in such a way that is simple and easy to understand by others inside and outside the department
- Attend daily SCRUM meetings, sprint demos, etc.
- Work with other teams to coordinate joint deliverables
- Work with QA team to ensure highest level of product quality
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Review PRs, contribute in engineering discussions, and
- Mentors other developers on best practices
- Other duties as needed
What You Need:
- Typically 10+ years of enterprise software application development experience
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including REST APIs and best development practices
- Hands on experience working on software that is in production
- Hands on experience using ES6 and typescript (Angular 2+ and/ or React)
- Hands-on experience with CSS using SASS/SCSS (preferably within Bootstrap)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- BS in computer science or relevant experience
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Hands on experience working on a SaaS, e-commerce application
- Startup Experience
- Hands-on experience with Bootstrap (preferred)
- UI/UX design experience
- Experience with state management” such as NgRX and Redux
- Hands-on experience with web visualization frameworks such as D3
- Hands-on experience with Python (or other full-stack experience)
- Experience mentoring others
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working environment and WFH Stipend
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.