Role: Sales Executive Business Federal Intelligence Communications
Reports to: VP of Sales
Location: United States
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
With over 16 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular Python data science platform. Anaconda, Inc. continues to lead open source projects like Anaconda, NumPy, and SciPy that form the foundation of modern data science. Anaconda’s flagship product, Anaconda Enterprise, allows organizations to secure, govern, scale, and extend Anaconda to deliver actionable insights that drive businesses and industries forward.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. We strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Sales Executive based in Washington DC to join our rapidly growing company. You will expand existing engagements and establish new customers as Anaconda continues to grow sales pertaining to our US Federal Government market plan. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your tech skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new experience in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of company products and pricing structure.
- Your primary focus will be to identify, qualify, negotiate, and close large-scale complex deals and drive sales revenue targets in assigned territory.
- Develop an extensive pipeline of new sales leads, provide product and sales demonstrations to prospective customers, and formulate appropriate business relationships with accounts.
- Leverage entrepreneurial drive, strong existing relationships with decision-making personnel, and Government Agency knowledge to sell innovative Anaconda solutions
- Manage the contracting and Federal procurement process.
- Work closely with our post sales organization and customer success team to ensure a successful onboarding for new customers.
- Utilize Salesforce.com for scheduling, pipeline reporting, developing perspective
customer profiles and documenting all sales-related activities
- Account planning and forecasting
- Calendar and meeting management
- Participate in handoff calls with implementation
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Need:
- 4 plus years of relevant experience
- Superior Presentation skills
- Consistent track record of closing enterprise-level business
- Public Sector Experience - selling services and/or solutions into the US Federal Government (DoD or Civilian Agencies)
- Ideal: Active DoD clearance and/or the ability to obtain additional DoD clearances is strongly preferred
- Enterprise IT, cloud experience and proficient understanding of data science
- Proficient understanding of multiple industries
- Proficient understanding of competitive landscape and market
- Basic understanding of software licensing agreements
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Python experience
- Experience selling a data science platform
- A strong desire to learn, grow and become a leader within the technology industry
- An open mind and adaptability to new environments, industries, and the fast-moving startup culture
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Work home Wednesdays (optional)
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Parental Leave
- Unlimited Vacation!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.