Role: Customer Success Manager
Reports to: VP Marketing
Department: Customer Success
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Deliver Technology for Human Sensemaking
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 20 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is what people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking an energetic and talented Customer Success Manager to join our growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and experience to bring value to our customers and to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Align with customer stakeholders (department leaders, product users, and budget holders/buyers), building and maintaining successful relationships with multiple personas to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, platform adoption, and successful renewals.
- Develop and execute comprehensive customer success plans and strategies designed to ensure customers derive maximum value from their investment in Anaconda products.
- Act as the point of escalation for customer issues and obstacles, serving as a customer advocate while balancing customer needs and business priorities.
- Work collaboratively across cross-functional internal teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Marketing, Support, and Services) to mitigate risk, build customer relationships, expand adoption, drive renewals and growth, and ensure a great customer experience
- Serve as voice of the customer within Anaconda to positively influence product and solution capabilities and offerings
- Conduct in-person and remote strategic sessions and business reviews with customers
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the market forces affecting our customers and offer insight into ways Anaconda can provide greater value in helping our customers meet their business goals
What You Need:
- 5+ years of related experience (customer success management, account management, and/or consulting role) in the software/technology industry
- Outstanding relationship management skills, with a high degree of business acumen, strong understanding of technology concepts, and a proven track record of nurturing and growing an account portfolio
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate conflict and foster honest dialog (at all levels) with a ‘get to yes’ approach
- Proficient at being prescriptive and driving action-oriented engagements, including leading and facilitating executive meetings and workshops
- Ability to effectively problem-solve and quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts
- Eager to contribute beyond your role and lead strategic initiatives to improve the customer experience
- Lifelong learner, with a strong desire to expand skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness to travel to conduct onsite visits with customers (less than 25%)
- Team attitude: “I am not done, until WE are done”
- Identify with our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in a open source or data science-oriented company
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home Wednesdays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Health fitness membership or reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.