Role: Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Reports to: Director, Product Marketing
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 20 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning.
We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open-source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk or “what employees like most about working here” is that we are not just a company, but a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community strive to democratize data science and create and promote open-source technologies for a better world.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Manager, Strategic Partnerships to evolve and scale the partnerships and channel strategy for our rapidly-growing organization. This is a highly-visible strategic position, in which the selected candidate will drive revenue growth by building and optimizing our partner network.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, and effectively solving both strategic and tactical problems with limited oversight. You have a thorough understanding of enterprise go-to-market processes, especially in a software business. You have an analytical mindset with a passion for using data to drive decision-making.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with executive team members to develop overall partnership strategy, identify and prioritize target partners, develop and execute on partnership agreements and support the cultivation of partner relationships
- Help define overall partner program structure, processes, and objectives, and then ensure that the program runs according to those objectives. Execute, track, and report on partner program outcomes and make recommendations to improve performance
- Be the expert in the team on Anaconda’s partner strategy, the overall partner landscape, and the market trends impacting the program
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define and execute processes to manage the partner lifecycle, from initial inquiry through contract negotiation, enablement, and ongoing relationship management
- Strategize and articulate integrated solutions’ joint value proposition to prospects and customers, the value to each organization’s sales teams and use cases of where the integrated solution will deliver maximum business impact
- Develop and deliver key assets for solution launch and sales enablement, including joint messaging, sales tools, and field training
- Collaborate with demand generation and marketing communications colleagues to design and execute co-marketing programs
- Coordinate with Sales, Product Management, Legal, Finance and Marketing to ensure all stakeholders have insight into the specific integrations with each partner and handoffs are built where necessary
- Create, manage and report pipeline growth and velocity metrics per partner, accurately forecast opportunity close dates for key opportunities
- Successfully expand existing partner relationships to include existing or new product offerings leading to new revenue opportunities.
What You Need:
- 3-5+ years of product marketing, product management, and/or partnership experience in a high-growth enterprise software organization; start-up experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to handle technical material and develop command of the data science and machine learning ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders, communicate effectively with executives, and balance competing priorities
- Strong desire to learn, no job too big or too small orientation
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- Emotional intelligence and strong relationship skills to build productive collaboration within Anaconda
What will make you stand out:
- Partnerships are your passion - this is what gets you fired up every morning to come to work, and what makes you feel like your time was well spent at the end of the day
- Experience and domain expertise in the data science/analytics/big data field, knowledge of the cloud market landscape, and commercializing from open source are all a major plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home Wednesdays (optional)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life, and 401K
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Unlimited vacation
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.