Role: Associate Software Engineer (Client Facing)
Reports to: Manager of Technical Consulting
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 20 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning.
We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open-source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk (or “what employees like most about working here” is that we are not just a company, but a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community strive to democratize data science and create and promote open-source technologies for a better world.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Associate Software Engineer (Client Facing) to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a key member of the Anaconda Consulting Engineering team
- Understand at least one area of technology/ architecture of a client’s system
- Contribute to the Open Source ecosystem while solving client needs
- Translate business requirements to technical implementation
- Be involved in the architecture decision-making process
- Recommend feature requests, enhancements and best practices to product marketing from client experience
- Write technical documentation as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You Need:
- Fluency in Python
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- Superior communication skills
- Experience with revision control systems (git/github, etc.)
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with the Python science/data-science/machine-learning stack, including pandas, numpy, and scipy
- Experience optimizing for performance, e.g. using CPython extensions, cython, numba, or dask
- Experience with CI, testing, and other automated tools
- Experience working in a client-facing environment
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life, and 401K
- Pre-IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!