Role: Contracts Advisor
Reports to: Sr. Director, Revenue Operations
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
With over 16 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular Python data science platform. Anaconda, Inc. continues to lead open source projects like Anaconda, NumPy, and SciPy that form the foundation of modern data science. Anaconda’s flagship product, Anaconda Enterprise, allows organizations to secure, govern, scale, and extend Anaconda to deliver actionable insights that drive businesses and industries forward.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. We strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact.
We are seeking a Contracts Advisor to support our growing and expanding portfolio of customer and partner agreements. This role will have an opportunity to work directly with management, sales, finance, and operations and will learn about our product and the open source technology market as part of their journey with Anaconda. This role will also be a key player in general compliance activity and managing board and outside legal counsel communication.
What you will do:
- Work with outside counsel and business leaders regarding contract redlines for contracts; customer MSAs, NDAs, license agreements, partnership agreements, vendor and other general operating documents
- Work with sales operations and the sales team to review customer redlines, propose language for customer contracts, and create SOWs
- Manage relationship with outside counsel in developing boiler plates and navigating complex agreements
- Support due diligence process for capital and business transaction activity; data rooms, file management, document control, process management
- Upload documents and drafts to our CRM and contracts database (Salesforce & SpringCRM) and ensure clean and organized management of contracts, orders, while maintaining material details and terms for contracts
- Research rules and support compliance inquiries from within the company for doing business in the Unites States and foreign territories
- Manage filings and compliance for doing business in various jurisdictions and filing any registrations to do business in new states or territories
- Work with corporate counsel in support of board minutes and resolution communication, distribution and maintaining records for governance
- Work with Sales Operations on order management and sales efficiency processes
What you need:
- 3-5 years of experience in a contracts advisor or similar role
- Experience working with counsel on drafting and communicating key business terms from the company to create high value agreements
- Experience with filing state registrations, working with agents (CT Corp example) and researching various compliance requirements
- Technical savvy, we use technology and tools to improve efficiency and we need someone who is continually looking to streamline processes and reduce bottlenecks.
- Interpersonal skills: exceptional writing skills and ability to work independently and with teams in a positive and constructive manner to drive the business forward. Willingness to jump in and tackle a problem and also willing to raise your hand when you need help.
- Understanding of subscription based selling model
What will make you stand out:
- Experience in data science, SaaS software, or open source software industries
- High energy, intelligence, and a can do attitude
- Experience with Salesforce, CPQ and/or SpringCRM
Why you’ll love working here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Work home Wednesdays (optional)
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!
- Parental Leave
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.