Role: Technical Writer
Reports to: Senior Product Manager
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 20 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning.
We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open-source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk or “what employees like most about working here” is that we are not just a company, but a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community strive to democratize data science and create and promote open-source technologies for a better world.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Technical Writer to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver high quality, comprehensive product documentation for technical audiences, based on the needs of different types of users
- Participate in the timely and accurate design, production, and delivery/completion of product documentation
- Follow consistent writing style standards and guidelines across documentation materials
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in technical documentation
- Experience creating documentation for a technical product including, but not limited to, infrastructure, middleware, SaaS applications
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience with Python and/or other programming languages
- Experience working in the data science or analytics technology space
- Working understanding of Kubernetes and/or Docker container technology
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Work home Wednesdays (optional)
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!
- Parental Leave
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.