Role: Events Marketing Manager
Reports to: VP, Marketing
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 13 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and healthcare industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
We are seeking an Event Marketing Manager to design and execute our event strategy to drive demand, engage our customers, and nurture our user community. The Event Marketing Manager will manage a portfolio of industry and hosted events, including our yearly Anacondacon conference. The selected candidate will be an event execution pro who demonstrates a strong command of how events build our reputation, drive new business, and support customer retention. He or she will bring creativity, flawless program management, and strong collaboration skills to our small-but-mighty marketing team in our growing company.
What you will do:
- Manage a portfolio of industry and hosted events, including our yearly Anacondacon show, Client Advisory Board, sales acceleration events, and 8+ trade shows per year
- In future years, collaborate with field teams to evaluate overall events program and make recommendations for events to add, remove, and grow in the program
- Work cross-functionally with subject matter experts to manage the development of hosted event content
- Engage effectively with field-facing teams to ensure onsite success, including meeting-setting and booth staffing
- Contribute to the definition of event-related KPIs. Measure, track and report event business impacts on a regular basis
- Work with our design team to improve the Anaconda brand presence at events, including onsite activations, booth look and feel, messaging, giveaways, etc.
- Manage yearly event budget and identify opportunities for efficiency
What you need:
- 3-5 years of experience managing a mixture of trade shows and hosted conferences in a B2B marketing environment, including budget, KPI performance, vendor management, and hands-on execution.
- Experience reporting on event performance against a set of pre-defined business objectives
- Sufficient marketing automation skills (campaign management and reporting, email) to support the events program and willingness to grow in this area as needed. Understanding of lead lifecycle and funnel.
- Ability and desire to grow your skill set through self-directed learning, structured training experiences, and coaching from colleagues. Conversely – eagerness to share your own knowledge and skills with team members.
- Interpersonal skills: exceptional verbal/written communication, listening, coaching and presentation skills with high attention to detail. You are a collaborator and consensus-builder, and no job is too big or too small for you.
What will make you stand out:
- Experience in data science, cloud computing, or open source software industries
- Demonstrated success leading the successful growth of a company-owned summit or conference
- Experience planning events in international locations
Why you’ll love working here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Work home Wednesdays (optional)
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Unlimited vacation